This post is for my boys.....whose hearts are still on an island 3000 miles away
In 2009 our family moved to the island of Kauai- We had the opportunity to care take at a large recreation ranch. This particular ranch had been the setting for many movies before we arrived and continued to be scouted by producers while we were there. During our stay several Box office hits were filmed on our island- one of which featured the ranch we were care taking. During the filming of the movie a lot of security was brought in- For several days neither Matt or I could drive into the ranch but had to be escorted in by the security team. On one of the last days of filming, the security team was busy guarding the actors that were on set- That afternoon I had picked up my boys from school and had met Matt's aunt and uncle (who were visiting) to bring them into the ranch. As we stood around waiting for someone from the set to drive us into the ranch I noticed a man that seemed 'in charge'- I could tell that Uncle Ted and Aunt Lorraine were not enamored with all of the Hollywood dramatics going on so I thought I would go to what looked like the man in charge and ask him how long we would need to wait before being escorted. It was at that time that everyone decided to break and (one of) the producer said he would drive our family down in his truck. During that ride down the hill my aunt Lorraine passed out a New Testament to this gentleman and we invited he and his wife to a BBQ that we were having that weekend with our Pastor Doug, his wife Tyla, their kids, Matt's mom and dad, uncle Ted and Aunt Lorraine, and our family. I gave the gentleman our phone number and told him to think about coming- talk to his wife- and if they were up for it give us a call.
It was a wonderful day spent at the beach- BBQ'in, swimming, and just hanging out- In the conversation throughout the day we learned that he had been a producer for over 20 years....he had been one of the producers of many shows/movies that we had heard of...one of which was the TV series Lost......such a fun memory from our 2 years in Hawaii.
p.s. the below picture was taken by Uncle Ted as we were walking down the hill to get a ride from the producer...George Clooney is short.....a google search said George is 6 ft....such a lie...I am 5'8 and I was quite a bit taller than him- Maybe he wore those man high heels when they were measuring him :) hee hee hee hee!!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment