Sunday, September 14, 2014

cleaning ponder time and a 90th birthday family pic

When the flu visits ones home you find yourself thinking about how best to sanitize.....
Thinking of sanitizing then leads to thoughts of cleaning......
When you have been home for 2 days straight it gives you lots of 'cleaning ponder' time....
'should I wipe every door knob, light switch, toilet bowl with bleach? 'should I spray Clorox into the air randomly throughout the day just in case it's airborne.....'

If your looking for a boost in your cleaning self esteem than stay tuned my friend-

Following the 'what should I clean and how should I sanitize my house' thoughts was when the dirty grungy truth struck me (I was sitting in the tub at the time)...

I have not cleaned the bathtub in our bedroom (the one I was sitting in) since last Thanksgiving (which was not even me cleaning but a housecleaner)......Our bathtub/Shower combo is comprised of 3inch x3inch brown and orange tile that has brown grout and is 6ft long, 4 foot wide, and 3.5 feet deep- It is really a small swimming pool with 2 shower heads on each end and it's own hot water heater.  Being a visual person this bathtub/shower/small swimming pool is unrewarding to clean (I figured this out within a month of living here) because the brown and orange tile hide all the grunge so no one would know if it were clean or not.......10 months of everyday baths for this gal...Think of it as an immune builder as one is sitting in a bed of germs and Dove soap wash off....at least that's what I tell myself :)

I wonder if I should shut down my computer....go grab a chisel and some comet cleanser and get to work....

Nah...Maybe Thanksgiving of 15' I will rethink cleaning the bathtub

:) :) :)

a fun pic from my Nana's 90th Birthday party this past Thursday night (9/11)....a party that will go down as 'unforgettable' in the record books (will blog more about that later)
please excuse my family members that did not make a 'crazy' face....(except my dad, he is exempt because he is holding baby Jett and Becca is exempt because she is a classy lady from the South and they just don't do that sort of stuff......my cousin Luke, bro in law Gage, and Uncle Reid have no excuse....I know they got a crazy face in there somewhere!!)
I went with the flamingo leg/showing off the dentures look and my sis in law Erika who is just beside me had smelled my B.O. just before the pic was snapped.....hee hee hee hee



1 comment:

Katie said...

Heh heh. Your tub reminds me of that Seinfeld episode with the hot tub. Jerry called it a "germ frappe." I think brown & orange tile is a great, if not hideous, idea. My white tile/grout shows just how much it needs to be cleaned!