Saturday, December 20, 2014

ellie loves carl....27 years early

It's one of those moments where you remember right where you were (on the corner of the road that our church is on, which is where Elle's school is located, getting ready to turn right onto the road that goes over the overpass) when my darling princess yells from the back seat.....

I LOVE CARL!

WWWWWWWWWWWWWWHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTT!

Carl is a little boy in Ellie's preschool class....

Oh no no no no no sweetie- you see Elle's, your daddy, brothers, and I all agreed- you are not allowed to even notice boys until you are 30.  Even then, it will be under strict guidelines of who, when, where, and how!!

I didn't say that though- Instead, I remained calm and asked

'You love Carl?......wow!......would you give him a hug?'

We all have to beg Ellie to show us any kind of affection- she only gives hugs when she absolutely has too.  A kiss is saved for once to twice a year when she's feeling extra generous- so I figured it would be a good 'tell tell' what she grasped of what she was implicating when she said that she loved Carl....

'Yes, I would give him a hug' was her reply

Breathe......Breathe.....Breathe......Breathe
Is there an all girls school anywhere around our area
Should we move to a secluded island where there are no boys allowed

I looked in my rear view mirror so that we could see each other and simply said.....
'wow.'
then the car was silent and she soon asked if she could listen to her Cubby's CD that her AWANA program had provided.

As stories of Cubby Bear filled our car my mind was reasoning out whether I should start the boy lectures this early or whether to just let this go.
I let it go with the thought that.......

This is all happening 27 years early!!!

p.s. At Elle's Christmas Program yesterday, Ellie and Carl happened to be standing by each other- I leaned over and told my mom about Ellie's love declaration and showed her who Carl was.  We both busted up laughing.

OH MY GOODNESS GUYS....
oh my goodness
oh oh oh oh my



No comments: