Thursday, January 26, 2017

Here's what I'm thinking

Ok, so, here's what I'm thinking....
4 random thoughts that have absolutely no connection to each other
This post has no other point than brain download.
Here we go....
Boom
sha-zam
wah-lah


  1. I invited Matt on a date tonight.  Texted him from work this afternoon and said, 'Wanna go out on a date?  let's go out to dinner- I'm starving' to which he said 'yes'.  We went to Shari's restaurant where he ordered chicken alfredo with small slimy looking mushrooms that were sticking to the side of the bowl.  I went with a Tillamook cheese burger substituting the fries for a garden salad.  We finished it off with their molten chocolate cake, ice cream, and fudge sauce. It was pretty good!  Here's a side note to the wife's reading this post....grab your phone (even if your husband is sitting by you) and send your husband a text asking him out on a date.  Here's a side note to all the husbands reading this post....reply with a 'yes' :)
  2. We flew Alaska Airlines to and home from Hawaii.  We were supposed to fly United there and Alaska home.  United cancelled their flights on the morning we were leaving (due to weather) so they transferred us to Alaska who was still flying out of our hometown.  You expect a small plane from our hometown for the hour long flight to a bigger city.  It was a surprise to board a small older plane for the flight from the mainland to Hawaii.  It was 3 seats on one side and 3 seats on the other side with no business class and a very small first class.  Our plane was sitting next to a Hawaiian Airlines plane and looked so small.  Given the choice, I prefer to fly on the bigger planes.  It felt like we were driving on a gravel road the entire flight.  Note to self, check out the plane size before booking our flights.  Another note to self, Hawaiian Airlines is still my favorite airline to fly to Hawaii on.  One more note to self, don't only wear your socks to the airline toilet.  The ground is wet all around the toilet and so gross when you step on the wet floor knowing it's got to be a culmination of many people's pee.  I prayed against all the illness you can get from others pee and then walked back to my seat.  If I suddenly come down sick, it's the 'everybodys' pee
  3. We had free checked bags because we are Alaska credit card holders.  I packed an entire suitcase with food for our vacation.  50 pounds of marinades, condiments, coffee, etc.- the things I learned while living on Kauai were way more expensive compared to mainland prices.  We used most all of it.  Not wanting to bring home an empty suitcase, I was careful to frequent Goodwill and Savers on Maui...I filled the entire bag up with clothes for the trip home!  Talk about a win/win!!  A side note about food- If your going to Maui and get a sweet craving, go buy a pie from Maui Pie (their pie is DELICIOUS)!! 
  4. Here's a list of new things I have been trying over the past several months: Rodan and Fields skin care (a dear friend told me about it).  It really does make a difference in how your skin looks and feels.  Liposomal Vit. C- I take a consistent 8 grams a day (research the health benefits- another totally worth it purchase).  Testosterone Cream- I had no idea how much importance it was to your hormone health until seeing a hormone specialist at the beginning of the month.  
Happy Thursday night to you all!!








No comments: