Thursday, August 17, 2017

a few baffles

A few things that baffle me:

Why do...
  • Police sell their old vehicles at public auctions.  The light bar may be removed off of the top but the paint is still the same.  The cars sell for bottom dollar prices ($700-$1200).  Maybe I should rephrase that last sentence- they sell at hoodlum dollar prices.  Logic tells me it's just a bad idea.  A mockery to the car.  First they chase the hoodlum then they are owned by the hoodlum.  You know that cars riding around with it's tail between it's legs.  I would have voted they be offered to struggling veterans.  Men of honor who risked their life for our country.  Something along those lines.  I'm sorry retired police car....I'm sorry. 
  • Why do people eat Sushi?  Raw fish...Really?  It just seems like it's a good way to contact parasites and unexplained extended diarrhea.  As if that's not bad enough, it sometimes gets seaweed wrapped around it.  The weird looking green floating stuff in the ocean that is known for it's high sodium levels and the possibility for iodine toxicity.  I can not wrap my brain around what the draw to Sushi is.
  • Last one- this one isn't so much baffling but just an interesting bit of information that I learned while we were visiting Canada several years ago.  Did you know that one can of chewing tobacco sells for $29. in Canada (a can of chew is roughly $6. in the US).  You can't buy chewing tobacco at a grocery store, you buy it from off the beaten path convenience stores that are not allowed to have any signage showing that they carry tobacco products.  They also do not flavor their chew.  They feel like if they flavor it (and make it affordable) it will be a draw for kids to buy and get addicted to.  It's called the “Making Healthier Choices Act”.  Another 'no no' in Canada is “wine-dipped” cigars, and fruity cigarettes.  Hummmm.....If I lived in Canada I would have to give up smoking cigars and chewing tobacco (darn!)
Happy Wednesday guys!

p.s. i was joking about smoking cigars and chewing tobacco.  I pretty much stick to eating fibrous foods and avoid sugar.

Thank you to 'An Insider's Guide to Buying Used Police Cars' for this photo :)



No comments: