Tuesday, February 20, 2018

the date they will never forget

A little over a year and a half ago, as Ryan was walking out the door, he casually mentioned that he was taking a girl on a date.
'Do I know her?' was my reply
'No'
'Where did you meet her?'
'At the Rodeo'
I was really hoping for at least a name I knew (who I could stalk on Facebook or Instagram) and a little unenthusiastic that he had met a girl at the rodeo.
'What's her name?'
'Danika'
'Is she a Christian?'
'Yes, mom' was his annoyed response.
I explained to Ry that it was fine for him to take her out once, but, if he decided to take her out again, Matt and I needed to meet her and she would need to spend some time at our house so we could get to know her.

And here we are, a year and a half later.

This past Sunday, Dankia and Ryan were celebrating their year and a half together with homemade chocolate covered strawberries and a dinner out.  They started the strawberries towards the later afternoon, both of them eating quite a few (who knew that Ghirardelli makes a dipping chocolate for covering strawberries...um...yum!).  Within a few hours of the strawberries, they headed out to dinner.

Matt and I were sitting in the living room not even 45 minutes after they left when our back door opens up.  Danika went straight to our back bathroom and Ryan came walking into the living room.  A slightly stunned look on his face.

'Hey Ry, why are you guys back so soon?'

He simply replied that he had to get into the shower because he had throw up all over him.  By this time, Danika was walking into the kitchen with the same stunned look on her face and looked somewhat overwhelmed.  She told me that she had started feeling sick at the restaurant and had needed to throw up on her way home (I was thinking it was a case of eating the chocolate covered strawberries so close to eating dinner vs. food poisoning).

I was trying to piece together why they both seemed a bit overwhelmed and stunned while knowing that we needed more info to understand this story completely......

While at the restaurant, Danika started feeling sick after she had eaten some of her caesar salad.  Mid way through their meal, she told Ryan that she had to go immediately because she was feeling so bad.  He had his food put in a to-go box and they left.  She had driven them in her car so was in the drivers seat, driving back to our house.  It was cold on Sunday, so the windows were up in her car and the heater was going.

The feeling that she was going to actually throw up snuck up on her.  She didn't have time to pull over or roll down her window.  Before she knew it, she had thrown up on the front of her.

Ry, being my spawn, took one whiff of her throw up in that hot confined car and ,before he could get the window down or have her pull over, threw up all over himself.......

Poor, Poor,  Danika- As Ryan threw up, she got a whiff of the smell and promptly threw up all over herself again.

They were popcorn barfing back and forth.  One then another then back to the first one who barfed!

AHAHHAAAAAAAAAA!!!

Can you even imagine, guys.  Your a young kid, on a date, and you have this happen!

As the full story came out, I laughed until I cried (and am still laughing).
Danika took a shower at our house, washing the throw-up out of her hair (and all down the front of her) while Ry, after showering, rented a steam cleaner to clean all of the throw up out of Danika's car!

Happy Year and a Half dating Anniversary Ry and Danika- someday, this experience will be hilarious to you (I promise).  I also guarantee this is a date you will never forget!!






No comments: