Here it is, nothing amazing or life changing to read- Just random thoughts that came to my mind, in no particular order
- I tried going Keto for a week. I started on a Friday full gusto. By the following Friday, I found myself walking in my front door (after taking an exam) and heading to where we keep our chips (which are a big no-no when one is on Keto). I was going to treat myself to just a couple of 'Hint-of-Lime' tortilla chips. I grabbed the bag and headed to the living room where I sat down on the recliner. Telling myself I should stop with every chip after two, I ate the entire 1/2 bag. The worst part is, I didn't even feel bad (physically) after I did it- I actually felt great! I waited for some sort of carb overload or fat pouch (all those calories!!) to suddenly take over my body but it didn't. I felt emotionally happy and physically wonderful....I've been Keto free since :)
- I love Melaleuca's laundry soap. I used Tide Pod's prior to switching over to Melaleuca and was really happy with Tide. I'm picky about my laundry soap- I want our clothes to smell good after they've been washed- fresh good not overly perfumed good (overly perfume smell would give me a headache). Tide accomplishes this in my opinion but the fresh smell seems to fade faster than what the Melaleuca does. I consider the good smell a reward for the effort of washing, folding, and putting away clothes. I also notice that you can smell the 'fresh' smell of the Melaleuca's laundry soap in my house even when I am not doing wash. I'm sure it's because I've washed the throw blankets on the back of our chair's with it- which goes back to my point about the smell lasting for awhile after you have washed an item in it.
- I've been on a Groupon kick for the past several months. Pretty much before I do anything, I'm checking for discounts on Groupon. Since I'm on a 'how much can I save doing fun things' whim, I had heard about a travel site called Bookvip- they were offering 3 nights stay at a hotel in Las Vegas called Tahiti Village Resort for $125. total (not including flights) plus a $100. food voucher to eat at the resort. The fine print was you have to travel with your spouse to the hotel, make over $50,000 per year, be a US citizen, and sit in on a 90 minute presentation about timeshares. Matt and I will see Vegas for the first time next month during spring break (Vegas Baby!!). We will arrive late on a Wednesday night, wake up bright and early the next morning to go to the 90 minute pushy time share presentation, and then have the next 2 days to check out the sites. Matt's not super thrilled about sitting in on the presentation...I'll keep you posted how it goes. If the trip turns out to be legit, I'll definitely book through them again. If not, well....I'll join the ranks of many others who have allowed themselves to be 'suckered in' with the promise of a good deal!!
Here's to my first post of 2019!
![]() |
| I chose this picture to post because it will make my sister in law smile- and for that reason, it warms my heart and makes me smile too |

No comments:
Post a Comment