Last night we had quite a bit of rain- enough that we have a small lake out in our front yard area and a few waterfalls. On the way to bring the boys to school, Ryan pointed out a waterfall on the ranch and asked if I would like to hike to it when he got home.............um...............I usually try to save any sort of hiking for mall related activities- an example of this would be that I would 'hike' up the stairs instead of taking the escalator when going from Macy's to Williams Sonoma (3 floors apart) or hiking around Union Square toting bags............but I could not tell my youngest son 'no'- so this afternoon Ryan and I set out on a hike. It was completely beautiful, amazing, and breath taking.
Thanks so much Ryno Chase for the invite....The pictures will tell the rest of the story.
| Behind Ryan is the waterfall |
| It looks A LOT closer than it actually was! |
| A pic of the small lake in our front yard from all the rain last night |
| Ryan saw how much I was struggling walking in my crocs so he graciously traded me shoes |
| As the water was flowing over us I just kept praying against Lepto (found in dirty water here) and thinking how I wanted Ryan to remember me as a mom who did 'cool' stuff with him |
No comments:
Post a Comment