Saturday, January 12, 2013

Eli's Day Home and Rockin' the Tahiti :)

Dear Eli,

Daddy and I laid in bed 2 Thurs. (1/4) nights ago and talked about what our Fri. looked like.  Daddy told me that he was going to take you with him to work because he needed your help- As daddy was saying this an idea started forming in my mind- What if, instead of daddy taking you to work w/ him- he took Ryan instead.  If this ended up being the case, it would be the first full day you and I have spent together since before you got your license (May 12').  I was a bit uncertain how you would like spending the day in my world- you are not a big house cleaning/cooking/around the house type of guy (more of the working at the shop, hunting, working on your truck sort).
When dad and I decided that you were going to hang with me, for some reason I thought back to that time you and I were in the same Tahiti going down the River back before we moved to Hawaii- I think it was the summer of 08'- you would have been about 12 and I would have been........old :) You were instructing me in your ever practical way how to 'row' and I was instructing you in my every parent tone not to 'boss your mama around!'- In the heat of our verbal communication I noticed that a family on the shore was looking at us- I set my oar down and put on my sweetest smile and waved ever so kindly to the shore people.  You raised your voice a tad at me........MOM! You have to ROW NOW! We are headed for a rock!
As we hung up on the rock, there in the middle of the river, it was all about deflecting your annoyed 12 year old's practical 'I told you so' attitude as the search and rescue had to come save us..............ok so I'm kidding about the search and rescue coming but I swear Eli Ben that is how you made it seem!  It just took a little creative 'oaring' and we were off the rock and back down the river!
Back to our day- Here's what it ended up looking like:
Errands that you were the Chauffeur for
We also went Grocery Shopping- We even dropped Ellie off at Nana's house so it could just be you and I shopping
We then came home and started Making Dinner- You made the mashed potatoes......this is the first time you and I have ever cooked together (how have you avoided cooking with me all these years!!)
You had never made mashed potatoes and were a bit uncertain what to do with all of the peelings you had just shaved off- I was not in the kitchen at the time- you took matters into your own hands- Shoving the whole wad of them into the garbage disposal- The swirling brown water not draining was the first indication to you that something may be wrong!
It was after you used the toilet plunger in the garbage disposal side of the sink (to get those peelings unclogged and sucked down the rest of the way) that you got out the bleach and cleaned not only the sink but all kitchen surfaces spic and span (Grandma and Auntie Rhonda would have been so proud of the cleaning job you did). 
After grocery shopping and making dinner we then just sort of hung out and talked- Not about anything in particular- just life
PRECIOUS!
The day was great- Thank You Kid Pup (I am still trying to remember that you only want to be called KID not Kid pup anymore- It's a hard habit to break because we have called you that for over 16 years)

I love you ever so much-
Mommy


No comments: