Thursday, May 2, 2013

Fashion Finds............Fraap!!

O.K. so I saw one of my facebook friends finish a spunky sentence she wrote with the word Fraap....
I have no clue what that means (hopefully not something inappropriate...hee!) but think it sounds like an edgy add to this blog post title- Like it is an extra exclamation point with a sassy edge- Alright enough about Fraap.....let's get the important stuff............Fashion Finds-
Wait! I thought of what Fraap sounds like to me in my mind- Sometimes when I say something to Matt that solves a question we have been mulling over and he gives me that look like 'How in the world did you figure that out?' I will give him that eye brow up look and a smile and say 'BOO-YA'!! I add emphasis to my voice and raise it a couple of levels to let him know that 'Oh Ya Baby, I've got it going on'...................That is what Fraap sounds like............'Found me a FABULOUS Fashion Find Today........FRAAP!'
About that Fashion Find (which must be capitalized to show it proper respect)....
Several years back I, just for the fun of it, tried on a pair of overly priced flip flops with the name brand 'Tory Burch'- As soon as my foot slipped into those sandals I purposed in my mind that ever given the chance (like finding them for a whole lot of dollars less than retail) I would own a pair- Last year I stalked e-bay all summer for a pair of Miss Burch's designs (again, at an affordable price) to no avail.
Earlier this week I got a text from my friend Deb 'What are you doing Thurs.'
To which I replied...Well, I was going to do hair BUT wanna hang out and go shopping?
My kindred shopping friend replied with the only proper answer that one can respond with when shopping runs in your veins almost as strong as loving Jesus does....smile....
ABSOLUTELY!
Our first stop, tucked away in a small college town about fifteen minutes away, was an upscale second hand store....
As I stood in front of all the shoes my eyes stopped on a darling pair of white wedge sandals in my size- I could not believe it when I saw the emblem blaring on the front of them-
'Deb! Have you ever heard of Tory Burch?'
She gave me that look like 'Do I look daft to you? Of course I've heard of Tory Burch' But out of her mouth came 'Yes'
'Do you think these are Tory Burch's?'
Out came Deb's fancy phone that has the internet at the punch of a button............
We both confirmed in our minds what Tory's signature emblem looked like and realized that I was holding the real thing...
The real thing had a $4.00 price tag

FRAAP ladies............F to the R to the A to the A to the P!!

No comments: