Monday, August 19, 2013

Who's Trash is it Anyway?

A few posts back I mentioned that we were in the process of purchasing a small piece a property (a little over an acre).  This property was owned by the same woman since the early 60's....almost 55 years....I am making a logical guess here when I say that the Mrs. of the property was either looking for ways to save money or the 'grossed out' part of her brain was not functionally property... She choose not to have trash service but instead use the whole 1.23 acres to drop her trash...........for 55 years
From what I could gather the owner was elderly and passed away recently and did not have a proper will (and without properly disposing of her trash.........she definitely was not proper).  Due to a lack of relatives and some bills that needed to be paid, the State of Oregon acquired the property. 
In the eagerness to be rid of this property, the State found a realtor and allowed the price to reflect the trashy condition of this piece of land. 
After signing the closing papers on Fri. Matt and I talked about a plan of attack on all the trash.....praying for a flood to take all the trash away didn't seem very realistic..........neither did hoping that thieves would come onto the property and steal every last thing SOOOOO the first of several BIG garbage bins was scheduled to be delivered that same day and the weeks and weeks of clean up work began.....

Saturday as I was gazing out over the property it struck me that we were cleaning up a whole lot of someone else's trash...someone else's trash that had just become our trash............WAIT....who's trash is it anyway??? Their trash or Ours??

OURS :)





Free boat :)


No comments: