Saturday, October 12, 2013

Potty Training Cows and Horse Tooth Brushes :)

To celebrate 11 days since moving to a small town and living on a cattle/horse ranch I am gonna share 11 things I have learned since this new adventure started...ready, set, go!!
  • Every skunk in the beautiful state of Oregon lives in the 15 mile stretch getting to my house...these country skunk are not that smart as they seem to get hit.  It's like, once they are hit they give off a never ending stink smell...............swerve people..........SWERVE!
  • The town I go to each day has 450 people....The gentleman who works the register at the country store is named Gabe- There are 2 restaurants...one is open for breakfast and lunch and the other for dinner.  We've eaten breakfast at the breakfast/lunch cafĂ© and it was really good- You serve your own coffee and they have free Wi-Fi.....The Library is open 2 days a week for 4 hours at a time (this baffles me about our library's- they had the funding to build these big beautiful libraries but not the funding to keep them open 5 days a week...I think the cart went before the horse on that decision)
  • It's cost's $26. every 6 months for your P.O. Box- I forgot to ask the kind lady at the post office what our new zip code was- I had to come home and google it
  • Ryan is one of 12 in his class- There are 6 boys 6 girls....His new school has a total of 72 students...He left a school of (I am taking a numbers guess) well over a thousand students- When I asked him how he likes the smaller school He say's he really likes it (Praise God)
  • We are 1000 feet higher in elevation than where we moved from....I googled this too because it seems so much colder in the mornings and evenings
  • The principle of Ryan's school told me that most all people who live up where we live drive a 4 wheel drive vehicle...........I have a Honda Accord...........I wonder if this will become a problem in the winter
  • One of the 4 wheelers here at the ranch delays going into gear- you have to rev it just enough (but not too much) to get it to go once in gear.....I learned the 'too much' revving almost the hard way (thought it was going to throw me right off the back)
  • Cows are curious animals...they watch what you do and pay attention.....they are also uncouth and will lift their tail and take splatty dumps any and everywhere..........Can a cow be potty trained :)
  • Hay will give a good dose of the hives EVERYTIME............WHY OH WHY (I wonder if I ate a few pieces if that would make me immune to having the hive reaction...I'm glad we have an epi pen cause I just might need it if I deicide to eat it.....also, I have heard if you eat a piece of poison oak you will never get poison oak again....things that make you go hummmmm)
  • There was a small garden here when we arrived- I noticed the carrots right away and thought I would pick a few to try.  It wasn't the best presentation as they were filled with dirt when I pulled them up out of the ground- As I looked at all that dirt hanging off of them I started getting the same grossed out feel as when milk is close to expiration.  I brought them inside and cleaned them up- they sat on my counter for a day and it was then that I realized I could never eat them....straight out of the ground and dirty...no bueno' I prefer straight from the store and grown with pesticides
  • So I took the carrots out to the horses because I figured they would eat them.  As they opened their mouth's to eat  I was intrigued by their teeth- my cousin Luke would have given them an even harsher reprimand than he does me when I sit in his dentist chair (not a regular flosser and have a strong love of sugar)...........I wonder if there is such thing as a horse tooth brush..........I wonder if cows can be potty trained and horses can be taught to brush their teeth............
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAA!!
Have a great Sat. night
Hee Haw!!!

1 comment:

April-Ella said...

I love this post Stephanie!! Thank you for sharing!! Haha! You are a joy! Love and miss you!