Matt and I were able to spend a couple of nights away this week- All summer long I go camping with my boys..........during the winter Matt will take at least one trip (sometimes two) to the city (about a 4 hour drive away- or 45 minute flight:) ) with me.
The city is not my man's ideal way to spend a vaca BUT staying 6 weekends out of 13 this past summer in a travel trailer is not my ideal way to spend a vaca either- Somewhere along the 20 years of being together we have found our Medium.
Give and Take.................
A little of him a little of me......
Thank you babe for taking me to Cabela's- for the laugh we had while there when we walked behind the silent farter (only to both grab our noses and struggle for air as we were laughing so hard we could hardly walk straight)
Thank you for holding my bags as we went from store to store
Thanks for watching 2 Halmark movies in a row as we sat on our bed eating pizza smothered in ranch
Thank you for the great talks about 'life' as we drove
Thank you that you have not allowed our marriage to be all you or all me-
I love you Matthew Benjamin and thank you so much for stepping out of your comfort zone into mine. Thank you also for including me into your comfort zone- For the times you have insisted I 'join in' instead of sitting curb side..........
Your my heart babe
deep down my heart
and I am so grateful for you
p.s. I took the camera out once on our trip- I jokingly took a picture of Matt waiting for me as I was trying on clothes- He grabbed the camera and took a pic of me in return- The camera never came out again

No comments:
Post a Comment