So 35 came and I said this....
'If we don't end up adopting, I am going to buy a (2005 Black) BMW X5, take a 2 week trip to China with the organization 'Show Hope' and spend every minute of that time rocking and praying over all the orphaned babies in Maria's Big House of Hope, AND get some sort of laser peel done on my face.'
Praise the Lord we adopted the year I was 35
Time has marched on and so has the collagen that once graced the derma layer of my skin. In it's place it has left age spots, wrinkles, UV Spots, garganguous pores (maybe the big pores are a result of my sis and I picking our zits faithfully every night when we were in high school), Porphyrins, and poor texture......
How do I know the word 'Porphyrins' you might ask?
(I can't remember what it means)
I went to my long awaited 'some sort of medical procedure' consultation today-
I brought my friend Deb because no woman should brave the dermatology world alone.
You start off with removing all of your makeup besides eye and lip...I guess the machine can't get a proper reading if you have on make up.
you then stick your head into a machine- The machine reminded me of the old time camera's that you would stick your head in and cover the back of your head with a black towel (my head was even covered with a black cloth napkin looking thing)....The machine takes pictures that analyze the top layer and several layers beneath that top layer of skin.....
Here's how the chips fell for me
Out of 100 ladies my age, I rank in the top 12 worst for Wrinkles, Texture to my skin, and UV spots (13% on this one)..........hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee
shoulda choose sunscreen instead of baby oil
I was also informed that I have some sort of discoloration (she used a big word) that will continue to get darker with age (and sun exposure)...the discoloration is similar to 'pregnancy mask'.
I wish I could scan the pictures in of my face so you all could see but my scanner is broken.
The attending Physician's Assistant recommended I start on an antibiotic for the (non pregnancy) pregnancy mask along with starting a skin regimen that will help lighten the skin....She said a laser peel was out of the question but that Botox was highly recommended....The Botox would relax my face muscles so that they would be virtually un useable (she showed me the botox'd areas on her face- she could not squint or lift her eyebrows)
I enjoy squinting and raising my eyebrows too much
Botox your out....wrinkled sun damaged skin, your in!!
Maybe when I get a bit older and my skin won't even register on the fancy pictures, I will qualify for my much dreamed about laser peel...
Until then I will embrace Mary Kay's full coverage foundation for all of the age spots and cut my bangs shorter to cover the wrinkles on my forehead :)
Below is a pic of Deb and I a few years back- We were at the beach in Maui......My un-sunscreened forehead a beacon for all kinds of sun destruction :)
p.s. thanks for going with me today deb- I love you lots!!

No comments:
Post a Comment