Sunday, August 31, 2014

girl talk...make up and such

How's about a little girl talk....make up and such :)
I walked into Macy's a few months back to get the perfume I've worn for years (Coco Chanel Mademoiselle)....around here, Ulta and Macy's are the two choices to buy it from and I was closer to Macy's that day- I came in through a side door, which required a walking by the Mac counter- As I was walking by, I remembered a tutorial my faceobook friend Kayla had done about different Mac lip liners and thought I would stop and browse (I had meant to do this after her tutorial during the winter and somehow it kept making it's way farther down my to-do list until finally making it's way off...I had every intention to make my way to the Mac counter the day after her you tube tutorial posting)...
I walked away with Mac's Mahogany Liner....love!!
After buying the lip liner it dawned on me that I was just about out of blush- Mary Kay's Dessert Bloom had been discontinued (boo!!) so it was time to find a new favorite.....I checked out Clinique, Estee Lauder, and LancĂ´me and could not find the right color- by this time, I had circled enough of the make up section that I had brought myself to the perfume counter- As the most adorable sales lady was ringing up Coco I mentioned my quandary about finding the right color of blush....
She asked if I had ever heard of Louis Vuitton....
I was sold on whatever she was going to mention next cause this mama drools over his purses, luggage, anything and everything Louis Vuitton....
He has a make up line that is affordable- Benefit.....Benefit has the blush color 'Dallas' that has made our local Macy's biggest seller list-
I now have it in my make up bag and really like it- It's no Dessert Bloom BUT it's near close.
The same most adorable sales lady who had sold me the perfume and now the blush looked at my eye brows and said 'have I got the stuff for you!!'
We weaved around Louis Vuitton's Benefit makeup and came to the Chanel Counter- this time it was not the perfume but the make up- I sat down in the swivel bar stool and she used a #30 brow liner on my lop sided brows....
Chanel knows their perfume AND how to make an outstanding brow liner....worth every penny (can't remember how much it was)
It was a good day at Macy's.....a good day indeed!

A few other make up favorites as of late and a re cap on the recommendations above:
  • Mac's Mahogany Lip Liner....it gives you color but is not over powering- it is also long lasting
  • Benefit's Dallas Blush....neutral color that does not stand off your skin but blends nicely
  • Chanel's #30 Brow Liner....Yes Please!!
  • Bobbi Brown's Shimmer Brick Compact....My friend Michelle was wearing it just before summer started and she looked angelic....it really does make you have a glorious glow- I ordered it after seeing it on her and have really enjoyed it- It will be a staple in this chic's make up bag
  • Mary Kay's 'Steely' eyeliner....it gives a nice color without standing off your lid too much
  • Bobbi Brown's under eye concealer.....love love love love- it's creamy and covers without caking
  • Urban Decay's eye shadow 'Snake Bite'....a deep brown that can give depth to any eye color (I have my friend Deb to thank for this little number)
I have also been using straight coconut oil as a moisturizer at night on my face and putting a honey mask on several times per week (straight honey- letting it sit for 20 or so minutes)....Would recommend both.

Hope you are all having a wonderful Sunday!
Steph




'

5 comments:

Treva Kuyper said...

Delightfully funny and helpful!! I love me some make up!!! Can't wait to try out a few of these!! I personally LOVE Urban Decay's NAKED lip gloss....color - "naked" is a dream!! Goes with anything and looks fantastic with lip liner and without. LOVE YOU STEPH!! Thanks for sharing!! ~Tre'ba

Blessing of Adoption welcomes you said...

I will have to check out Urban Decay's lip gloss- I had a coach brand lip gloss that was really good but they discontinued it so have been looking (and trying a bunch) for a new one since- I have Burt's Bees colored chap stick and a lip gloss from beauty supply in my purse right now- both are good. Love you Tre'ba and thanks for leaving the comment!

Heather Wilkes said...

I love Urban Decay's eye shadow primer. AMAZING!!! Why honey mask? Because of antioxidants? This is a new idea for me.

Blessing of Adoption welcomes you said...

Hey Heather- I was reading an article about honey and how healing it is supposed to be- I was standing in my pantry the next day looking for something and the big bottle of honey caught my eye......I had on no make up and thought 'why not' and they applied it all over my face....If you see me and I am wrinkle free you'll know it was the honey that healed me of my wrinkles......hee hee hee!! True story though :)

Blessing of Adoption welcomes you said...

*then applied it all over my face not they