I was thinking 10 days on Maui over the boys spring break
Matt was thinking something closer to home and a bit less expensive because he wanted to buy hay equipment
before he knew I was thinking Maui and before I knew he was thinking hay equipment I booked a surprise trip to Maui
The delivery of the surprise definitely did not go as planned
we fought for days :) the hawaii trip was cancelled (or I would like to think rescheduled for a later date) and the hay equipment was bought
this all went down at the beginning of February
by the end of February Matt was asking if I would book our family a house in Sunriver (a small resort town about 3 hours away from our house) for the week of Spring Break.
At first, I refused to book a house in Sunriver and told Matt if he wanted to take our family there it was a good time for he to teach himself how to search the web for a rental home- booking the trip to Hawaii had taken a great deal of time (and saving) and I was burnt out (and still a bit angry). I also explained to him that we live in the woods on a daily basis and I didn't want to go spend a week in the woods 3 hours away.
February made way to the beginning of March...I was home one Sunday afternoon and realizing that the reality was, with this short of notice, Sunriver would probably be the best choice for us. It also dawned on me that our family vacation did not need to be all my way- as my good friend and cousin Becca would say 'JUST YIELD'- so I yielded to the result of my anger (which was to make Matt book the trip)....
As I started searching what was available in Sunriver during the week of Spring Break I came across an add from Mountain Resort Properties- they were offering the 4th night free at their house on 6 Mulligan Way.
As I started searching what was available in Sunriver during the week of Spring Break I came across an add from Mountain Resort Properties- they were offering the 4th night free at their house on 6 Mulligan Way.
We left Monday morning and got home this afternoon- 4 days, all 6 of us (we took Oklie)
From start to finish IT WAS SO MUCH FUN
p.s. told matt that I will think of the hawaiian vacation we about had when I see the hay he plants- I think he should market it as 'hawaiian hay'- he doesn't agree :P
p.s.s. make sure and watch the video at the end- ryan goes over the handle bars of his bike into the mud :)
p.s. told matt that I will think of the hawaiian vacation we about had when I see the hay he plants- I think he should market it as 'hawaiian hay'- he doesn't agree :P
p.s.s. make sure and watch the video at the end- ryan goes over the handle bars of his bike into the mud :)
No comments:
Post a Comment