Monday, November 16, 2015

we'd do it all over again

Matt and I were sitting across the table from each other a few nights back. my camera sitting on the table between us.  He grabbed it and took a picture of me, telling me to smile 'normal' the whole time he was taking it...I, in turn, grabbed the camera when he set it down and took a picture of him.

When we were done and the camera sitting back between us again, I pulled up the picture Matt had taken of me, showed him and said. 'what would you have said if someone would have shown you this picture 25 years ago and said that this was your future wife?'

'I'd say you are HOT and I would get married to you all over again'

21 years, 3 months, 17 days later my man still say's he would do it all over again
Thank you Jesus cause marriage isn't a cake walk
it has good days
it has mediocre days
and then it has incredibly hard days
sometimes hard years

He flipped the camera around and scrolled through until he found the picture I had taken of him.  He showed me and asked what I would have thought, 25 years ago, if someone told me this was my future husband.

'Babe, I've loved you since I was 16 years old....you drive me crazy some days.  We feel totally misfit for each other some days. But I love you....I'll love you always....I just will.  Oh, and I would get married all over again to you too  :)'

We changed the subject after that and I didn't think anymore about the conversation until this afternoon- I was looking through my pictures and came across the 2 pictures Matt and I took of each other.

I love my Matt





No comments: