Done
Just like that
RIP Turkey
Here we are, 24 days in Germany.
We are in the land of pork...
you go out to dinner and it's schnitzel this schnitzel that- always schnitzel pork
you go to the grocery store and it's not ground beef, it's ground pork
you try to buy stew meat and it's....you guessed it- a whole lot of pork in the package and a stingy bit of beef
you go to buy a hot dog at a stand and ask what it's made out of...hint, the first letter starts with P and the last with K
you drink your gas water (carbonated bitter water) while you eat your schnitzel pork and wash it all down with cabbage flavored with pork
OH MY GOSH
AAAAAAAAACCCCCCCKKKKKK!
I'll be the first to admit I have food phobias. Certain food really gross me out and it's not even reasonable reasons why. It started as a child and has carried me through 40 years.
Mayonnaise from the time I was in 5th grade until late 20's
Cooked Carrots from birth until mid 30's
Curry...for as long as I can remember and still despise it to this day
Buffet food...WHY would anyone think it was a good idea to put food under 'warmers' and leave it out all day (never mind the fact the masses serving themselves hanging their heads over the food and getting their dirty hands next to it)
brown eggs.
By 2 weeks here, the pork was getting old- It was still fine but starting to wear it's welcome out.
Late last week, just before Matt flew home, we took a drive.
At one point, we thought we were pulling up to a dairy farm to take a look around (drive around it)
It was a pork farm
that stench
THE STENCH
they keep their pigs inside at this farm
I knew when we were driving away it would be along time, if ever, before I would be able to eat pork again.
I cringe when I see it at the grocery store and the thought of Schnitzeled Pork...oh no, no, NO
Sis, please forgive me for being annoyed at your dislike of turkey!!
RIP pork
or as they say in Germany:
Auf Wiedersehen Schweinefleisch Ich Mag dich Nicht Mehr
(Goodbye Pork, I like you not anymore)
![]() |
| Pork Schnitzel from the first time we went out to eat in Germany....eeeeewwwww! |

No comments:
Post a Comment