It's July 19 (2014) and I have one blog post banked this month- that is one more than what I was going to post...for several months prior, I have considered taking a month off from blogging and possibly facebook for no other reason than just because...It's summer- summer's a break from all the usual routines so why not take a social media break. I went with taking a break, short of 2 posts, from blogging but not facebook.
On a personal level blogging helps my brain relax- Structures my thoughts- and exercises communication.
That being said, let's get to blogging shall we!!
Here's some random thoughts jumping around in my brain....
- I see the world in how someone is doing emotionally, spiritually, and in their heart...If I am at a social event with 100 women, I would probably not be able to tell you what someone was wearing (even loving fashion as I do) but would be able to tell you how most of those women were doing emotionally. My heart grieves for those hurting and in emotional bondage.....It's something I completely understand and have a passion for- I also know the hope of being healed and the freedom to walk in that healing.
- Because of the above, I am not impressed by one's bank account or how nice of a house you live in (sure these things are all great, but, not defining of who you are or how you are really doing)- It was a recent opportunity to sit down to dinner with a very wealthy individual....money status did not come up once- How they were doing emotionally was the talk of the dinner. It was a evening not of pedigree or who's who but a night of honest talk from one person to another, appreciating not the dollar bills in our bank account but instead, the hearts in which we were given....It was a breath of fresh (and very honest, raw, and real) air
- I grew a very small garden that is full of mostly weeds- The lettuce has grown up and I can't eat it....stuff just growing right out of the dirt (YUCK).....I take full responsibility that it is my issue not the lettuce's...I'll bet if I googled 'people who can't eat stuff that grows in the dirt (in their own garden)' there would be some fancy psychological name for it.
- Last one....Did you read the article about the father in Florida who beat to a bloody pulp the man who was caught abusing his son- the father called the police after giving the molester the beating.....Good Job to the dad!! The question was asked whether the father should be charged with beating the guy- ABSOLUTELY NOT was the consensus by both the public and the police- It was nice reading an article where justice prevailed... where the bad guy was caught and punished (with more punishment coming as he faces jail time).
Steph
| A beautiful Oregon day |
No comments:
Post a Comment