Thursday, December 29, 2016

beauty products, bathing suits, and praying

Bullet point randoms :)
how's 7 of them!!

  • I'm almost a month into taking Liposomal Vitamin C (Thank you Kristen H. for the recommendation where to get it).  The word is that Liposomal C is transported directly into your bloodstream and then into your cells giving a more direct and powerful delivery.  I first learned about how effective Vitamin C is when Ryan went through Lyme Treatment in Germany (it was one of the things used in his treatment only in IV form not Liposomal).  Since then, I have followed blogs and heard personal stories of people who have treated various ailments with Liposomal Vit. C.  32 Grams (32,000mg) was tolerance when I first started and now I'm at 12 Grams per day and holding.  Your body will absorb as much as your cells need and then you will reach your tolerance.  There is no guessing when you've met the tolerance :)  I will say this....I've had a persistent cyst for almost 2 years- over the last year, it has become consistent (never letting up).  I've gone to the Dr. several times, just keeping tabs on it.  This past weekend, it completely went away.  Not sure if it is the Vit. C or just coincided with taking the C....whatever the case, I am going to stay on a decent dose of Liposomal Vit. C for 3 months and then drop down to a bit lower of a dose and stay on it.
  • I got an Elchim hair dryer for Christmas from my mom (thank you mom).....noticed that it smooths down fly away hair and drys your hair quick and smooth, like you used a round brush.  It really is nice!!
  • Ordered a bathing suit off of Rosegal.com- It is a strappy high waisted bikini for $14.44 with free shipping.  I wasn't expecting it to be as cute as it is (and it was such a great price!).  The bag it came is was directly from China so it took several weeks to arrive.  I will do more ordering through them.  P.S. I ordered the bathing suit a size up because reviews on the site kept saying that their clothing ran small.  The size up fits perfectly.
  • Ordered Ellie a bathing suit from Janie and Jack.  It came in, I tried it on her, and then promptly ordered her another one (in a different print) so that she could have 2....they are that cute!  It also helped that the second suit was on clearance for $11.99.  We won't talk about the price of the first suit. 
  • Have you smelled Desert Essence 'Coconut' Lotion??  I was checking out at Natural Grocers and had another lotion- the checker told me her favorite was the coconut... so glad I bought it.  My favorite is to still use Avocado oil but the coconut lotion is a close second.
  • I was at TJ Maxx, browsing in the beauty product clearance, and came across Sans Ceuticals Balancing Hair Hydratant.  It was on clearance for $5.50.  It had an expensive look and smell so I did a quick google to find out that it retails for $33. plus $7.95 S&H.  I also saw that it had quite a few good reviews.  The directions say to put a 'cherry size dollop through your hair's mid-length and ends...leave for 30 seconds and then rinse.'  For anyone with hair that is dry, it works as a really good conditioner.  For a deep conditioner, I will follow it up with my normal conditioner. 
  • Switching gears to a serious note....It's fun to talk about the 'fun' things in life, beauty products, clothes, lotions....but there are many of you who will read this post who are suffering.    Who went through this Christmas season watching a loved one suffer or maybe it is you who is suffering.  You all know how tender my heart is towards those who are going through a chronic illness (Lyme among the many out there). My heart ached over this holiday season as I know of  tough things going on in the lives of several people I know and care about.  The husband and father who is on hospice.  His family is Praising the Lord for the Heavenly Home he will go to but they will miss him so very much when he goes.  The mothers I know who went through this holiday season without one of their children- their precious kiddo's having gone on to heaven.  Also, a friend's husband who suffered a devastating car accident just before Christmas- He is recovering but it will be a long road.  For these families plus the many of you I have spoken with regarding your 'tough' situation- please know that I am praying.  Praying God's comfort and peace over your lives.  
"Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed,  for His compassions never fail.  They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness." Lamentations 3:22


A random picture to go with this random post.....I took this picture of the Alps as we were driving out of Lichtenstein.  Clearly the picture does not do the Alps justice BUT when was the last time you could say you saw what the Alps looked like in Lichtenstein :) 

No comments: