To set the stage of this blog post, you've got to understand two things....
First, my claim to fame has never been having some sort of super maturity in marriage. When it goes down that you get married as a teenager (18) it's only natural that you establish immature habits. Oh, I'm not talking ungodly with no moral compass type of habits.. Nope, nothing like that. It's more of a stooping to levels of couthlessness that could be, considered by some, as childish.
Second, Matt and I have been slightly on each others nerves for a couple of days. I wanted him to go with Elle's and I to the movies and he was not in the mood to go. Instead of being gracious and understanding, I was annoyed- this annoyance has simmered a few days now. There was a part of me (remember I'm owning my immaturity) that wanted him to feel the same annoyance I was feeling.
The thought first dawned on me, when I opened the refrigerator and saw that my Matt had bought Eggnog, how gross he thinks it is when people drink right out of the carton (even when watching movies or TV, he has to turn his head away). I could hear the self talk 'Don't do it, Steph! This is so immature'! BUT the thought of Matt's face when he received the below text message won over the self talk....
His response still makes me laugh...
If you end up reading this blog post Matthew Benjamin, I LOVE YOU and your witty responses!!

No comments:
Post a Comment