Thank you to all of my blog readers who take the time out of their busy day to read these posts- May you be blessed as much as I have been as you walk along the journey of open adoption with our family-
Proverbs 16:9- In his heart a man plans his course, BUT it is the Lord who determines his steps.
Dear Ellie-
My precious girl.......... I will print this post off and tuck it away with other letter's so that you and I can read it together someday-
I think tonight's blog post is especially important because your birth mom Heather and I talked today about how you came to be part our family-
Below are the text's that you birth mom Heather and I sent back and forth today:
Heather: "With Ellie, things are so different, I did not get much time with her- I was in so much pain (from the birth). It's very strange though- the adoption has not hit me like I thought it would- I am looking forward to our next visit as the time to dedicate to her. I want her to feel the bond and love I have for her- Anyhow, I am going on and on and getting emotional :)
Mommy: Crying as I read your text. I don't know how to explain how I know this, but, it is the same feeling I had the first time I saw your profile and knew immediately that you and Ellie (plus Caiden and Joshua Justice and Fam) would be a part of our lives- but as sure as I was about that I am sure that Ellie will know that you love her- she may not completely understand your love for her until she is a young woman but none the less- she will (understand)
Heather: Well.......the truth is that if you guys were anyone else it would not have happened. When I first started calling adoption agencies it was out of desperation for money..........after talking to you guys on the phone (Matt and Steph) things really started feeling right- But I was still not sure if I wanted to place or keep her- I was more sure that I was going to keep her.
Mommy: Both Matt and I are in awe of how things worked out- I know that Ellie, you (Heather), Caiden, Joshua Justice (and Family) were meant to be a part of our family- If this is not to personal to ask, what made you change your mind and place Ellie with us?
Heather: Things really just felt right with you and Matt. I still really needed to see her before I could make the decision- I was hoping that everything that I felt for Caiden would be there- I felt love and that deep connection with Ellie.....everything that a mother feels for her child except that I did not feel like I was in the position to take care of her.......It really did just feel right to give her to you. Everything about you and Matt feel like the right life for Ellie.
Mommy: Heather, I know I have told you this before- but from my heart to yours thank you for the gift of Ellie. She is so so so loved and treasured. We are absolutely sure you made the right choice. I value so much that you take the time to let me into your life. I feel like I will be able to share with Ellie a clear picture of your love because of it.
Heather: All I can say is that I felt like I was not giving Ellie a good life, but the right one- I would have given Ellie a good life if she would have stayed with me- But it is the right life for her to be with you. Things just led that way and I want to be able to tell her that this was the life that she was meant to have. I look forward to seeing Ellie grow and being able to be here for her and have a relationship with her and have our families share love for her. I am very excited about her future and her life with you- and me. I can't wait to see her again!
Mommy: We are both so blessed to share a daughter as precious as Ellie Marie!
Heather: I love her (Ellie) and I love you guys. While all children are given life and a path to start off on I feel like hers is extra special and perfect for her!
Mommy: We totally 100% Agree!! Love you Heather..........
| You, your birth mom, and Caiden just flying in to meet us |
| The 3 of us :) |
No comments:
Post a Comment