Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Worms Overtaking The Trees And The Waterpark

So.........I kid you not, I looked out of our front window last week and noticed that there was a weird webbing covering one of the branches of a tree in our front yard.  It passed my mind to go get the hose and spray it off but I was busy doing other things and forgot all about it.  The next day, as I was driving into my driveway I could not believe my eyes..........The 'spider web' was now quite a few branches and the branches were all dying where the web was- I went in for a closer look and saw these worm/Caterpillar type things eating the leaves while engulfing the leaves in a silky web (I wish I would have taken a picture that day cause the pic I took today does not do any justice)- If you stood really still by the tree you could HEAR THEM CRUNCHING!!!!!!! EEEWWW!!!!!!!!
Off to the Local Feed and Farm Store to see what they recommended.  We bought Sevin Bug Killer- Sprayed it all over the tree.  The worms died and then we cut most of the affected branches out.  I guess it is really spreading around here.  If you have something like this on your tree and you want to keep your tree- TAKE CARE OF IT cause the feed and farm store said it can kill a tree really fast.

Along with the picture of our tree is some pictures of a water park my sis and I took our kids to today- It was really fun!

Also, after much deliberation I decided not to use a crib bumper- I was going to have my friend Val make it to match the blanket that already sit's in Ellie's crib- Thanks so much Val for being willing :)

Hope your Wed. is going great!! I can not believe how fast this week is flying by-


Pic of Ellie this past Sun. in our Church Library

The Water Park!! Ryan is in the shirt, my nephew Cole is all the way to the Right
and my nephew Shad is standing with his arms crossed with water pouring on him




My sis holding Ellie with my nephew Caleb looking on

My niece Sienna 

Sienna getting ready to run through the sprinklers

No comments: