There are 3 speakers teaching in this study: Kay Arthur, Priscilla Shirer, and Beth Moore. This week, Priscilla focused on, among other things, that David realized God had established him as King (1 Chron 14:2). She (P) related this to our lives by asking 'How can we walk confidently into situations we feel ill equipped to handle?'
As Christians, God has asked us to step out of our comfort zone and live beyond ourselves..........
Honestly, it's in the obedience of living beyond myself that I find my greatest insecurity.
It is often hard to get beyond how I 'feel' and focus on the truth that God is giving me all I need to do the things He wants me to do- My self esteem should not be based on 'me' but on God's Truths. Recognizing that Just like God had established David (and David realized this) God has established us ......
God adores us- He see's us as His masterpiece- He accepts us for who we are, not for who others say we should be (or even who we think we need to be) etc....
As a group we did the exercise below........
2 Corinthians 3:5-6
"Not that we are adequate in ourselves to consider anything as coming from ourselves, but our adequacy is from God, who also made us adequate as servants of a new covenant."
'GOD DID NOT SELECT ME TO_________________________________________(we filled in the blanks with what God has called us personally to during this season of our life)
BECAUSE HE KNEW I WAS ALREADY CAPABLE. RATHER, HE PICKED US UP, DUSTED OFF MY INCAPABILITY, REPLACED IT WITH HIS ABILITY AND SECURED MY SUCCESS WHEN I CHOOSE TO REST AND TRUST IN HIM TO WORK SUPER-NATURALLY IN ME!'
(The above is a quote by Priscilla- pg.24)
(The above is a quote by Priscilla- pg.24)
We then went through verses that confirm God's Truth........
- God Chose me (John 15:16)
- God is leading me- I need only to follow Him (Psalm 23:1,3 & Ex. 33:15)
- God knows all of my needs- He cares about all of my needs- I do not need to worry because God will meet all of my needs (Matt 6:30-32)
- God is guarding my heart and mind0 He is an ever present source of peace when I am stressed out, anxious, over-whelmed (Phil 4:6,7)
- God will never ask me to do anything that He is not giving me the strength, self esteem, wisdom, or ability to do (2 Cor 3:5,6)
- God is giving me strength and protecting me (2 Thes. 3:3)
- God is giving me everything I need to live the life He has called me to and to be the Godly women/wife/mother/friend/etc. that He is asking me to be (2 Pet 1:3)
- I am God's masterpiece (AMEN!!) Eph 2:10

No comments:
Post a Comment