Monday, June 17, 2013

The Start He Has Allowed.....Happy 2nd Birthday Ellie Marie

Dear Ellie,

Happy 2nd Birthday Baby Girl!  It has been mommy's practice, since long before you were born, to write in my Bible- I will write out verses that stand out to me. I also write out prayers to the Lord thanking Him for either answered prayers or things that I am praying about now and still waiting on answers for.  I do this Elle's because I want to always remember God's workings in my life- I also want to leave this as a 'reading' legacy for you, Eli, and Ryan- you see, a majority of the prayers are over all 3 of your precious lives..........someday, you will get to read through most of mommy's Bible's (I have given 2 of my 'written in' Bible's away. One to my sister Anne Loree and one to a precious teen named Kayla) and read these prayers and prayer requests- There is no doubt in my mind that you will be impacted greatly when you read for yourself through the prayers mommy has written in regards to your life both before you joined our family and after- It will not be because of Mommy writing the prayers that will impact you the most but instead because God has shown himself mighty in the way he has orchestrated your life this far (and I know into the future).  You will need to know this sweetie- Not just hear it from mommy and daddy as you get older but know for yourself that God's plan for your life was and is perfect for you...The start He has allowed to your life gives you a unique and distinct advantage..........You will be able to share God's love and speak God's healing truth to those who are struggling because their forever family and home was or is not theirs biologically.....To those who like you have been adopted.

As mommy grabbed my Bible tonight, the one that say's 'Steph Loves Matt' on the front, I opened to the third page from the front and let the 2 years ago memory come flooding into my mind...........

I was sitting on the bed in your hospital room- you were just hours old...After holding you until you fell asleep, I laid you down in the portable bassinet that the hospital provides and dug through my purse for a pen....I turned to the third page of my Bible to write out one of the most important prayers in our families life's history...

'6/18/11- Thank you so much Dear Lord Jesus for your answer to our adoption prayer.  Ellie Marie Buma was born 6/18/11 @ 11:46 a.m. weighing 5 obs. 3 ozs. 17 1/2 inches long!  To you Lord Jesus be the Glory for her life!'

We love you Ellie....
Your birth family loves you.......
But most importantly your Heavenly Father Loves you.....

Happy Birthday!


1 comment:

Molly Pierce said...

This is so wonderful, Steph! I love that you write in your Bible!