Saturday, January 25, 2014

10 minute post and a 3000 mile prayer

It's 7:37 p.m.- I am going to give myself 10 minutes to blog..........I have no clue what I am going to blog about but will talk until a rabbit trail turns into a blogging freeway or until I rabbit trail through 10 min :)

My brain feels a bit mushy lately- late nights to bed, chasing a toddler all day, keeping up with teens..........HOLY MOLY it's a whole lot of work!  I took Ellie shopping today and let her try on clothes- I choose a few outfits for her and let her choose 1- She choose a pair of flowered Osh Kosh overalls that she called her 'carhartt's'...They really are very unattractive and outdated looking but for the sake of letting (and encouraging) Ellie's independence we bought them.  I have a feeling she will want to wear them everyday all day.....this thought overwhelms me....
After she and I shopped for several hours we were checking out at our last store- Elle's had been demonstrating her two year old strong will for about the last hour....by the register they were selling a mish mosh of food- sweet yummy food- my stress level was high and the raspberry cookies were all but shouting my name......by the time we drove out of that store parking lot 3/4 of the bag was gone and I was on a sugar high- I ate my stress away and it was delicious...
3 minutes....
totally changing subjects
I visited with a dear friend on Thurs.  We were only going to visit for an hour- when I left we had shared 4.........She knows who she is and to her I send a heart felt thank you.  It is amazing the encouragement we can both receive from and give too others- It is also amazing how God strategically places others in our life that understand, encourage, and love.....I am so so thankful

My last sentence carry's 3000 miles across the Pacific to the oncology ward in one of Oahu's finest hospitals..............Malina WE ARE PRAYING- May you feel God's presence wrapped around you and your family and may your healing come quickly- Praise God for the news you received today.  For my prayer partner buddies please join in praying for Malina as she overcomes Leukemia.

Hope you are all having a wonderful Saturday Evening!

Above is a picture taken off of Malina's facebook wall with the following caption:

Kimo and Malina Going for a Stroll Together-
Malina got a little break from her IV tree to go on a date with Kimo for a walk down the hall. Malina, we are so proud of your faith, strength and will to fight this. We are all cheering you on. Prayers are being said for you daily and WE BELIEVE IN MIRACLES!!

No comments: