Monday, January 18, 2016

just pictures

The view from our living room window as the sun is coming up

Schwabisch Hall (this is just down from our apartment)

One of the many bakeries selling delicious pastries
Buying meat at the grocery store- pork seems to be the predominant meat, at least where we are at


This was lunch today.  It costed 1,80 Euro's (roughly $2. American).  Under the mozzarella, tomato, and lettuce was a dill/yogurt/cream cheese spread.  The bread would be comparable to American french bread

We walked into a flower shop and they had these eggs for sale at the counter....I couldn't buy them cause they did not come out of a refrigerator (but instead just sitting on the counter) BUT I did do a happy dance in my heart that they were white 

This is the flower shop that was selling white eggs.  I wish I could have captured the smell- it was exquisite- The flowers on the table are sold separately - I'm guessing it's so you can make your own bouquet.

Euro's are coin until you get to 5 Euros- then they turn to paper.  It was really weird using the paper Euro for the first time- It reminds me of Monopoly money.  It felt like I was using counterfit cash.  Matt told me after he used it for the first time that he felt the same way.

Yes, I know this is in here twice...White eggs in a brown egg country deserves a second look :)

The knob on this door and the wreath are what earned this picture to be posted here.  It's lovely (like Germany)
Doors like these are still in operation (and functional).  BEAUTIFUL!

No comments: