It's GIVE-A-WAY time again!!! I was going to do a give-a-way at 6000 views but had so much on my plate already that I thought I would wait until 7000............
Here's the rules for this give-a-way- You need to post a comment either on my blog or on my facebook page under this blog post in 50 WORDS OR MORE things you did for fun with your infant at 6 months old or under- If possible please include where you attended the activity (i.e. swim class at the Y, etc...). If you are having trouble making 50 words you can substitute advise or 'wish I would have known' ___________ when I had an infant 6 months old or under (i.e. I wish I would have known about sleepers that zip when Ryan was a baby because they are SO much easier than snap sleepers when you have to change a diaper at 2 a.m.)
I've been out of baby stage a long time and would love to hear from y'all fun stuff available to do- Thank you in advance and I look forward to hearing from you!!!
p.s. The first 5 comments will get a $5.00 gift card to Starbucks!!
p.s. Thank you to every lady who commented about books they would recommend for infants (and for me) on my facebook page- LOVE LOVE LOVE!!
5 comments:
Wow! What an awesome blog you have going here, Stephanie! It is obviously touching lives. Isn't God amazing in the way He chooses to use us?! Ok, 50 words starting now. I didn't participate in many "activities" with my kids although there was a fun workout DVD I did a few times that included baby (lifting them during exercises, etc.). I definitely had some "I wish I knew" things though! The miracle blanket was amazing (you did get one of those, right?); I got so much sleep out of that invention! :-) And a silly one - ditch the infant bathtub and use the kitchen sink; sooo much easier, in my opinion! Also, around 6 months, be watching for long-term memory - when she can remember a favorite blankie or gets excited when she sees her bottle. That's the time to begin gentle training - you're a good enough mom to know that "no" isn't always a bad word! :-) But I struggled with my first ones to figure out when to begin their instruction. That little piece of advice helped a lot. And then what every mom will say - Enjoy it! I know I didn't do that enough! Oh, and keep blogging; we love hearing about it all! :-)
Ummm, the last comment was from KERRIE, not Josh! :-) Guess I need my own Google account!
When canyon was 4 months old I read the book "How to Teach your baby to read" by Glen Doman and started the program with him at 5 months. It was life changing for him!
Anything for Staebucks, lol!! Love the blog Steph!
I highly recommend playpen time. I started very early and had it at the same general time each day. If you get Ellie used to playing alone for awhile each day then she will learn to focus on things a bit more, have a safe place to play and you can take a shower! By about 18 months she can graduate to room time. Works well for everyone!!!
Kerrie, Sara, and Michelle-
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR COMMENTS!! I loved reading them and getting ideas :)
Kerrie and Sara I will message you on facebook so I can get your address (Michelle I already have yours)....Thanks again girls and Big Hug sent your way!
Post a Comment