Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Puff Ball Doughnuts...Yes Please!

Matt was in a meeting last Fri. night in a small town about 15 minutes away from our home town- The meeting was on the way to our destination that night- which was another small town about 15 minutes farther than the town that Matt's meeting was in- Our destination town winds around a river known all over the US for it's fishing, jet boat tours, and scenery.......this past Sept. my mom asked Matt and I what we wanted for our birthdays- We told her a night away, without our kids, to a Hotel- She got us a gift certificate to a Hotel on the river- Because it is the off season right now we were able to use the gift certificate for a Jacuzzi room with french doors that opened to the river!! WHOOP WHOOP!!
O.K. I am totally getting away from myself here........Back to Matt's meeting in the small town 15 minutes away from our home town- So........Matt goes to his meeting and I needed to find something to do for about an hour- It was Veteran's day so quite a bit of stuff was closed- I was driving down the main street of town and a very small store front squeezed between several other stores had a open sign lit up in the window- It was a used book store- As I walked in, the smell of musty used books mixed with whatever the gentleman was eating for an early dinner caught my attention first- As the smells compartmentalized in my head, the books captivated my attention- He had every nook and cranny of his 500 square foot shop filled with books.
Every type of book you could imagine was in his little shop- To make a long story short, I walked out with 2 books- The Hard Bound Version of Corrie Ten Boom's The Hiding Place and The Alaskan Cookbook for Homesteader or Gourmet By Bess Cleaveland..............I was surprised how many recipes I found to make in The cookbook- The first of which I made tonight................The Puff Ball Doughnuts are Delicious!  They are easy and quick to make and a wonderful treat to serve your family (if your not apposed to sugar and deep frying :)  Even though the recipe did not call for it, I rolled the balls in cinnamon and sugar right after I took them out of the deep fryer.
I hope you all had a great Tues.- If you have a hard time reading the recipe, send me a message and I will e-mail it to you........For my friends that live in Hawaii, these doughnuts taste a lot like the doughnut balls that the lady outside of K-Mart sells-




The View from our Room

No comments: