Tuesday, November 8, 2011

WHO WANTS A GREAT DINNER RECIPE?

Liz and I
I was sitting on my sis in law Liz's couch a couple of nights ago- we were chattin' it up......( when I say chattin' it up- by story example I mean:  Once my friend Val came to lunch with us- I forgot to warn her that we (Liz and I) talk really fast and change subjects A LOT! When lunch was over, and as Val was heading to her car she looked at me and said 'Wow, that was a little crazy!')........as the chattin' was picking up between us- we touched on subjects that included adoption, marriage, Bible Study, and then, what I am about to picture blog about happened.........out of the blue she mentioned that she had bought a food item at Big Lots- She grabbed the item she had bought- It was Potato Gnocchi!!!!!!!!!!!! Liz had made Chicken Potato Gnocchi Soup for dinner...........After she talked about how delicious it was I knew I must try to make it- I used the recipe that is attached to the Potato Gnocchi I typed above (just click on it and the recipe will come up) and for the soup base I used THIS recipe..........YUMMMMMMM! It's totally worth all the effort- My boys absolutely loved it- I made a huge pot yesterday and it is gone!
Sorry the below pictures are ugly- I am not a big food picture taker- I can never seem to capture the food in a good light-

P.S. Gnocchi is pronounced KNEE AH KEY
My home made Gnocchi balls

I boiled them before I added them to the soup base- I also doubled the nutmeg

I followed the recipe except- I used 2% milk instead of 1/2 and 1/2 and I also added
nutmeg- not a ton just enough to give it a slight nutty taste

1 comment:

Lori Shouldis said...

Looks yummy! Going to try this one SOON! I have an Olive Garden "zuppa toscana" copycat recipe that my family loves, and I'm hoping this "copycat" will be no exception! Thanks for sharing! Love your photos!