Monday, July 9, 2012

She's Ready For Tea

She was playing at my feet on Sat. night after we got home from Target- I was sitting in the chair I am in right now debating in my head what we wanted to do next- It was just the 2 of us for the evening.......all 3 of my boys were hanging out with my brother-
It was her bedtime but her mood was begging for something special- Like she knew it was mommy/daughter time......
I wondered what she would do if I brought her little table with it's 2 matching chairs out to the living room we were in.............If I did that I knew I needed to get the tea cup/saucer out that my Aunt Anne had given her- the set was given with strict instructions that I allow Ellie to use the tea cup AND that she get to enjoy it while using- not for me to just tuck away as a 'keep sake'......
While at Target I had bought her goldfish crackers for the first time- along with goldfish I had also bought Animal Crackers......
My one year old daughter sat up as straight as could be in her little chair, me sitting across from her- Tea pot filled with cold water- goldfish and animal crackers on our saucers- I put some water in her tea cup and showed her how to drink it by example- She watched carefully and then followed suit-
It was wonderful........She's only 1 and completely ready for tea time!
I'm thinking a trip to the Tea Room in Victoria B.C. is in order :)

p.s. Aunt Anne I want you to know that Elle's chinked her cup against her saucer at least 10 times and I let her do it- your words ringing in my head (that I let her enjoy using her cup) each time she did it!





No comments: