Off the top of my brain we'll go!
I spent the whole day at home with Ellie and Ryan- It was wonderfully odd.....A feeling of grungy (stayed in sweats all day) mixed with feeling really homey (I had a pumpkin candle that my friend Janelle gave me burning a good part of the day and I baked lemon bread). Ryan was supposed to go on a field trip to the coast with his school- At the last minute I told him it was not a good idea that he go.......the forecast said cold weather and rain with lots of time spent outside would equal him coming down with a cold which would then lead to asthma (totally not being dramatic. He gets colds so easily).......Not sure why his school choose an outdoor day at the coast at the end of Oct.........
It's 7:52
Speaking of Ryan, he pulled down straight A's this past progress report- I told him how proud of him I was that he got a 4.0......He informed me that he did not get 4.0 even though he got straight A's- I guess you add an A+ differently than you do an A-..........His actual GPA, once he figured it out was 3.9...................He is the first person in our family to ever get straight A's (in my mind he still got 4.0 along with his straight A's!!)
7:55
Ellie and Oklie have started playing together- Ellie is getting better at not pulling her tail and Oklie is getting better about letting Ellie 'pet' her and be in her general area- Oklie used to jump up and run off when Ellie came into the room- I have been pondering the sudden change- I walked around the corner when Ellie was eating today and think I came to a realization.........Oklie is warming up to Elle's because Elle's will feed Oklie- Oak just needs to stand at the bottom of Elle's high chair and Elle's throws her food over
7:58
Earlier today, I rummaged around our attic dragging down paper work and education books from our adoption. I am talking to a group of mom's about Adoption at the beginning of Nov. and trying to prepare- Our Adoption Story is a miracle and a glorifies God amazingly..........I am hoping to share our story without crying- to date it brings me to tears even when I am talking to the wall about it (trying to get comfortable 'sharing it' so that it flows when I speak)
My friend Michelle told me Nov. is considered 'National Adoption Month'........Adoption is such a beautiful thing-
8:00
Have a great night!
| Added this pic of them playing because it's so darn cute! Ellie was wearing her costume from last Halloween :) |
| GOOD JOB RYAN!! |
No comments:
Post a Comment