Tuesday, December 11, 2012

10 lb New Born Babies, Howling Dogs, & Christmas Caroling

What's in my head
  • I keep thinking about Christmas lights and what is the best stratagy for lighting the outside of our house next year.....buy them the day after Christmas at an amazing discounted rate or (like I talked about in my last blog post) HIRE THEM DONE- or should we put them up at all??
  • My sister Jodi is about to give birth to her 5th child- An average weight of her children at birth is over 10 lbs (I think the highest delivery weight for one of her kiddo's was 10 lbs. 8 oz.)- by the size of her stomach this pregnancy I am guessing this will be her biggest baby yet- She has 3 boys and 1 girl.........This pregnancy she is carrying a precious boy......................Jod, I am guessing he will weigh 10 lbs. 11 oz. and be 22.5 inches long with a birthdate of Dec. 23-
  • Ellie and I went Christmas Caroling with our Church this past Sun. There is something so special about riding on a wagon (sitting on hay bales) behind a John Deere wishing people 'Merry Christmas' and singing them Christmas songs about Christ's Birth- 
  • Lastly- It's been a struggle with my dog Oklie since Ellie has been born- Oke has struggled remembering that she is not the baby anymore in our family....she used to sleep with us, but over the past year or so we decided that she needed to sleep in her own bed by our bed.  It has been off and on but lately somewhat constant, she will get up in the night and either paw at the side of our bed or walk around in our bedroom (which wakes us up)- Late last week, after being woke up by her at 1 a.m. it was obvious that we needed to try something different.  My mom had an extra porta crib- Oke's bedding went in it, along with her water bowl and the whole thing went down stairs at the very farthest end of our house (on the other side of our TV).  After putting her in it and shutting the lights off (leaving her a night light on) I made my way to bed.....I shut my bedroom and covered my ears with my pillow when she started howling and figured the howling would stop eventually and she would get used to her new 'bedroom'- It ended fairly quickly and a full nights sleep for Matt and I followed.......In the morning I was walking by the boys bedroom and saw that they had brought the porta crib she was in up to their room and she was sound asleep in it.  I asked them about it when they got up- Eli said he could not stand hearing her howl and figured she just wanted to be by somebody so he brought her to their room- that is where she has been every night since!  Very cute!!
Hope you are all having a wonderful Tues.
This is my sister's last baby (Caleb) at 3 days old- He weighed well over 10 lbs at birth.......
OUCH!

No comments: