We tried the first one today and it was delicious and easy- I will share each one as we try it (want to make sure it is good before passing it on)-
I found this first recipe on Pinterest from a blogger named Pineapple Grass.......... We had it today after church and it was YUMMY!
Buffalo
Chicken Stromboli
Serves 4, or 2 very hungry eaters. I sliced into 8 strips to serve at a party.
I used shredded chicken instead of turkey, and a premade pizza dough. This
is a fantastic stromboli. LOVED it!
Dough:
I used a canister of premade pizza dough, but the blog linked above has a
recipe for homemade, if you prefer
Filling:
1 lb. boneless chicken breast
1/4 cup red hot sauce (I used one that was not hot but still had spice)
2 T. butter, melted
1 cup diced onions
3/4 cup bleu cheese
1 cup shredded mozzarella
Oil, Parmesan, and fresh parsley for topping
Cook
chicken on a grill, in a skillet, or by poaching. Once chicken is cooked
through, shred or dice into 1-2″-1″ cubes and combine with Frank’s red hot and
butter. Increase the amount of Frank's if you prefer a spicier dish.
Pre-heat oven to 425˚ with a baking stone (if you have one).
Role out pizza dough into a 16″x10″ rectangle with the 16″ edge parallel to
your body. Leaving a 1″ border, spread chicken over dough (drizzle a little of
the extra Frank’s over the chicken-about 2-3 T). Sprinkle Onions, Bleu cheese
and mozzarella on top of that (the amount of cheese is really up to you).
Beginning with the side closest to you, begin to roll the stromboli away from
you. When finished, seal each end edge and the long edge by pinching the dough.
Cut three-four slits in the top and brush with olive oil and sprinkle with
fresh parsley and Parmesan Slide onto baking stone (or sheet tray) and bake
for 20-30 minutes or until the filling begins to bubble out and the crust is
golden. Let cool slightly before cutting.
No comments:
Post a Comment