Sunday, July 7, 2013

Jimmy WHO? (and Costco)

Matt's mom Sharon has a sister named Donna- Donna has a son named Jim (Jim has a brother named Ken........At a graduation party a few weeks back Ken and I had a 'discussion'. In my adult life I have never had such an urge to head butt someone as much as I wanted to head butt him during that conversation.........I'll leave it there and pick it back up in another blog post....hee hee hee)...........Donna's son Jim is not the Jim I am referring to in this blog post title though-

Jimmy Choo.........

If you say the word shoe but take out the sh and replace it with a ch you have the word 'chew'... in the fashion industry, if you had a designer with the last name of 'chew' then all those poor starving models would think of eating whenever his name was said...........this just could not be, so instead of a spelling of 'chew' he gets a spelling of 'Choo' (like the sneeze sound 'choo!')


Jimmy Choo is a British high fashion house specializing in luxury shoes, designer bags, and accessories. The company, J. Choo Limited, was founded in 1996 by couture shoe designer Jimmy Choo and Vogue accessories editor Tamara Mellon 
(Wikipedia)
 
Did you catch the part in the paragraph above where they talk about Jimmy Choo's accessories?
Costco caught that part and started carrying Mr. Choo's sunglasses for a fraction of the retail price....

Over the past several years bright lights bother my eyes.  If I am standing outside in the sunlight and am not wearing sunglasses my eyes will tear up- When the sun reflects off of car windows or water my eyes will be literally be sore.

My Matt wears Oakley sunglasses for a lot of the same reasons above- We were driving together a few weeks ago and I asked him if I could try his glasses...just to see if the more expensive sunglasses were that much 'better' than my $10. Ross Sunglasses........................ummmm Yeah they were!

While I was standing in Costco trying on Mr. Choo's sunglasses last week I mentally committed to that wonderful pair of glasses that I would
 
  • Not just throw them in my purse after use (allowing the lenses to scratch)
  • Use the proper cleaning cloth (and not paper towels or the bottom of my shirt)
  • ALWAYS put them away in their case if they are not on my face
Thank you Jimmy Choo for making a stylish, well fitting, perfectly tinted sun glasses that allow this mama to enjoy being out in the sun again!
 
 

The cute case my glasses came with :)


No comments: