'Hey Mom, I'm going shed hunting': Why in the world are they looking for a shed (storage) was my first thought- I turned to Matt and asked that very question and he responded by rolling his eye's and laughing. Here is what I have since learned......Male White Tail Deer SHED their antlers every year- These shed antlers are a popular past time hunt. My boys think it's fun to go out looking for these deer sheds and haul every one they find home to pile in their room (or pretend fight with them clawing at each other).....................Had they only said shoe hunting I would have totally known what they were talking about...smile
'Hey Mom, can I have ONE of these cookies': The word ONE is misleading....by one they mean they will be eating the whole box and maybe, if they feel like it, leave ONE cookie.
'Hey Mom, I'm Hungry': Translated this means that you are about ready to get eaten out of house and home- Teen Boys can literally consume food faster than what you can buy it......Our grocery bill is tipping just under a thousand dollars..........Yes, I spend just under $12,000 a year on food- I love feeding my boys and love that they have friends and cousins up often....I would not trade any of the thousands of dollars spent each year on food for anything. Start saving now my mother friends of small children!
'Hey Mom, I got a Deer!!': If blood and gore bother you at all you just gotta suck that pansy thinking up (verbatim what I have been told)- If your teen boy shoots a deer one must go look, take pictures of the dead creature (with the child holding it by the horns), and proclaim accolades...........THEN after all of this you have to CONSUME a hundred or so pounds of that deer meat (or spit it in your napkin after each bite....I have NEVER ever done this).
'Hey Mom, Do you want a Rocky Mountain Oyster': 'Sorry boy's I can't cause I'm allergic to shell fish'...I thought my boys were talking about actual oysters.
If you have ever lived on a cow farm (cattle ranch....whatever it's called) you know exactly what I am talking about. If not, maybe one of these names will ring a bell....prairie oysters, Montana tendergroins, swinging beef, and calf fires, oh this one is the best..................COWBOY CAVIAR
If you don't know what I am talking about yet google it-
Who looks at those after being removed from the poor calf and thinks............YUM!! Draw the line people D.R.A.W. T.H.E. L.I.N.E! (absolutely do not send me a private message telling me how good they are and that I should try- I will mentally judge you and will not be able to compartmentalize the fact that you have eaten them)
Here's to some of the most precious years of our parenting lives- Our boys growing up to be young men...
| The view as you walk into my boys room- I especially appreciate the teeth on this whatever it is... |
| Here is the pile of deer shed's on my Eli's bed right now- He has been out shed hunting with his friend Tyler all afternoon |
1 comment:
Oh, Steph! I can SO relate! I wouldn't trade my boys for anything, but my goodness...I can't believe what they can EAT in a day!
Post a Comment