Wednesday, March 26, 2014

mahalo nui loa for the amazing adventure Eli Ben

In just a little over 2 months Matt and I will watch our Eli walk across the stage....dressed in cap and gown....to get his high school diploma.

A few weeks back, Eli and I sat and went through his box of graduation stuff'.  Things like his graduation announcement, thank you cards, and fancy return address labels were in the box....all the items pointing to the end of a 12 year long school season....12 years of September starts and June endings- many of those years this mama brought my baby to school, praying with him on the way...for several of those years his daddy was able to do the same. 

It's interesting the tears Matt and I have both cried over the past 6 months- Since I read him the blog post I wrote on the first day of Eli's senior year....I choked my way though the post, reading it out loud to Matt and was surprised to look up and see his tears.  We didn't need to ask why the other was crying- we looked at each other and just knew....

Life is telling us it's time....
Time to Cheer more than coach
Time to step back and watch
Time to hold our arms wide open
Time to let our Eli go

'Whatcaha want to do for your last Spring Break as a high schooler Eli?'  Was the question both Matt and I posed to him back mid January......

The last spring break where we could demand he come with us on a family vacation was the big joke around our house.....work, college, just everyday Eli's life will be his priority come this June....

'I want to go back to Hawaii' was Eli's consistent response......
'I want to see all of our friend's on Kauai and go visit the ranch' (we were caretakers on a ranch in Kauai for 2 years) 

Mahalo nui loa for the amazing trip Eli Ben-
We have spent the past week visiting with our Hawaiian family........friends that became part of our Ohana during our 2 years on the island of Kauai.....We were able to visit the ranch we used to live at and reminisce about the memories we made while caretaking......we've hung out at the beach, boogie boarded, body boarded, gotten sunburned.....we've laughed....we've annoyed each other.....we've appreciated being together

Mahalo nui loa for the amazing adventure Eli Ben-
it's been an amazing adventure over the past almost 18 years sweetie
daddy and I have loved raising you
we've loved watching God take you from our baby to our boy and then to our young man
we look forward to watching you mature into to the man God has called you to be....watching His story unfold in your life as daddy and I let you go and watch you fly.

 













p.s. My mom and pops were so gracious in watching our Ellie for the week......everyday I would ask her 'Elle's are you ready for mommy to come get you?' to which she would reply 'NO!!! I stay with nana!!!.........My parents are the best!


No comments: