- Just finished reading 'A Candle in the Darkness' by Lynn Austin.....it started a bit slow but was worth the read- It was actually a really good read!
- Our Associate Pastor taught on women's roles (in the church) this past Sunday.....a touchy subject now a days- She hit the nail on the head..........just kidding our pastor is a man (all of the pastors at my church are men).....HE hit the nail on the head- Really appreciated that he kept to what the Bible say's and did not sway the Bible to meet 'socially' acceptable. Thank you for the sermon Pastor K (he doesn't read this blog but it seems respectful to thank him anyway- It's got to be a tough job standing up in front of hundreds of people communicating God's Word especially when the subject matter is one that is touchy)
- The missing plane............every morning when I wake up I ask Matt (who is a news watcher) whether the plane has been found......my heart aches for the families- and because it has not been confirmed by way of actually finding the plane, my heart aches for the people on board the plane..... I have found myself praying for both of them them multiple times a day....
- Tomorrow is my precious mom's birthday- she will be 66..........My mom is the most compassionate, genuine, loving person I know. I love you mom and appreciate you so much-
- Banana Boats Hawaiian Tropic Sunscreen smells really good- Like coconut....I got it for our trip to Hawaii. I found myself sniffing the air trying to determine what smelled so good- I even went as far as asking a girl standing by me what smelled so good....she said it was her tanning spray- I sniffed a bit more and realized it was not her at all but instead it was me!! I smelled DIVINE.....I didn't tell her though- but instead thanked her....I really was thankful- she caused me to smell myself and realize just how great the lotion smelled :)
- Last one and on the subject of tanning...........I spray tanned before going to Hawaii.......Salt Water and sand mixed with spray tan is a disaster...My feet and legs were orange and white- It was fine when they were an all over orange (from the spray tan) but once the salt water and sand started washing off the spray tan (in random spots) it was not good!
- OK this really is the last one....I spray tanned just before Ryan was born (I also had a pedicure) I didn't want to stare at my own white legs and ugly toes when I was pushing- When my water broke with Ryan it took off all the spray tan in lines running down my leg.......serves my vanity right that I had to stare at the washed off spots of tanning cream the whole time I was pushing- Thank goodness the water did not chip off my polish- I don't know that I could have handled that 'ummm....excuse me doctor- could you please give me something to stop this labor....I need to repaint my toes.......' hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee!!!!!!
I will be blogging about being a wife for the past 29 years, being a mom/mother in law to four adult children, a two-time Nana, and being a mom to our precious daughter, who joined our family by way of an open adoption. I will also bring you along, periodically, what life is like as I walk through a Stage III Breast Cancer Diagnosis. May God always be glorified through the words spoken on this blog- For it is to Him we owe all the Glory for each moment of our everyday life.
Monday, March 31, 2014
womens roles and sniffing the air
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Too funny! I have a spray tan story too - I had never been and didn't realize there was just a pause when it was time to turn around, not a beep as the sign told me there would be......so I double sprayed my front - on the darkest setting!! We had family pictures the next day!! I was not the fairest person of our family. I printed all our 2011 fall pictures in black and white!
Post a Comment