These are 'someday funnies'
It's the things that others laugh about right away when they hear and even though I can't glimpse into the Heavenly's, I have a sneaky inclination that God is having a laughing fit too.
While others are laughing we are giving a polite lip turn up that may appear like a smile but really inside we are groaning with a big UUUGGGG!!
Let's consider these 'someday' funnies as a savings account for our older years- we will have stored these memories away not even realizing that they will be cashed in during conversations possibly even with our own children when they have their children.....or cashed in when we hear of another's mishap that they aren't seeing as funny- in an effort to relate to them we tell them our own mishap and then and there find the humor.....
A sigh for the savings account of someday funnies-
My account currently has a few stories....
Like the time I took Oklie to the store with the boys and I- leaving her in Matt's truck (that I had driven) while shopping. As I was sitting in the drivers seat, getting ready to drive home, I told the boys that I smelled the intense odor of dog poop. Everyone looked at Oklie first- who gazed up at us with innocent eyes- We then all checked the bottom of our shoes.....then searched the vehicle from top to bottom. Finally, the smell was so strong it caused me to get up out of the drivers seat and stand outside of the truck.....while getting out, I heard the boys gasp...Oklie had taken a big fat dump on the drivers side seat- It was stuck to my Butt! Spread out across one jeaned cheek like a flat pancake. It was also squished deep into the cloth on the drivers side seat where my 155 pounds of pure non muscle had sat. The smell was so bad, I had to have my mom come pick us up. I wanted to consider the truck a 'total' vehicle and leave it right there in the store parking lot (forever) but Matt insisted that I drive him back to the store (after my mom dropped me off at home so I could change) so he could drive it home. The whole experience was so absolutely gross!
Another story to be banked in the 'someday' funny account can be told with a picture and 2 words 'MOM, LOOK!!' (see the chair picture below)
Followed by a story of today's quiet time (in her room) for Elle's followed by 'I have a mush-tash'- Ellie is headed to AWANA tonight with her 'mush-tash' because, frankly, the battle to get her to sit still long enough to scrub it off is not worth it....
Here's to all of our someday funnies :)
| The chair will be heading to a repair man that my Aunt Anne recommended |
| Ellie's 'Mush-tash' |
No comments:
Post a Comment