.
As soon as I heard the first boom I decided to get up and go sit in the living room on the couch so I could watch from our living room window. Due to how far out in the country we live we can not hear the Tsunami Warning Sirens nor do we get any sort of warning for flash floods- we do not have any neighbors to rely on for information, and the fact that we live right on the ocean, I like to be awake and listening to some sort of outside news station when we are having any sort of abnormal weather activity. A couple of nights ago was no exception to my 'stay tuned in rule'- I promptly turned on my TV when the rain started dumping with this very busy thunderstorm- the signal was dead and TV was not going to be happening. I grabbed our phone to make sure that it was working just in case one of our friends on the other side of the mountain from us needed to get a hold of us to let us know that we needed to be aware of flooding or extreme weather- the phone line was dead.....it runs on top of the ground and from how high the water was rising in the field outside of our house I knew it was floating in the water.......uugg......the storm was getting worse, no TV, no phone, we live so isolated and the panic started to set in!! It has been a long but victorious road for me to overcome a ton of fears- moving to Hawaii and living so isolated was a very big stretch for me. Moving to Hawaii and living so isolated right on the ocean was an even bigger stretch for me! I had a choice as I was sitting on my couch with the rain pounding on my roof so loud you would have to yell to be heard. I had a choice as along with the rain the thunder and lightning was so bad I was in a mixture of shock and awe that so many strikes could hit at one time. I had a choice as along with the rain, thunder and lightning, and the fact that we had no TV, Internet, Phone, and no way of hearing the sirens that would blare if there was a natural disaster coming our way- I could either resort back to my old ways- have a panic attack and completely FREAK OUT or I could rely on a promise that God gave me:
.
'God is our refuge and our strength and ever present help in trouble.
Therefore we will not fear though the earth give way and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea,
THOUGH THE WATERS ROAR AND FOAM and the mountains quake with their surging......
God is with her, she will not fall! The Lord Almighty is with us.....
BE STILL AND KNOW THAT I AM GOD!'
Psalm 46
.
By the grace of God I did not give into panic- I prayed my way through all the feelings of panic and prayed for the strength to trust my precious Lord and Savior Jesus Christ- That He had this storm completely under control and We would be fine. The next morning, when the storm was over and the sky's were clear I snapped some pictures of some of the water falls all the rain created- I had a new appreciation for the beauty of the water around me. I am working on 'enjoying' the storms both in life and in nature. I wish I could have had the view of my husband and some of our guests who thought the whole storm was amazing and beautiful- They saw God's handiwork as something to be in awe about- I was to worried about the 'what if's' to actually enjoy the storm......someday I will be to that point......but for today I am just working on making it through the storms with baby faith and clinging to God's promise that He will never leave me nor forsake me- I need to only 'BE STILL AND KNOW THAT HE IS GOD'
.
Below are some pictures I took of some random water falls on the property we live- the water falls were created by such a large amount of rain in a small amount of time.
| I got Matt to stop the truck on the driveway and get our picture taken by a 'waterfall'- you get to see us but somehow we missed the waterfall :) |
| If you look really closely, along with the obvious waterfall on the right, on the left hand side of the mountain you will see a couple of waterfalls |
No comments:
Post a Comment