Thursday, February 24, 2011

Hey Sis.........Happy 'Almost' Birthday!

My sister Jodi is turning 37 next week and I've been thinking about what to get her.  Last year for my birthday she MADE me a purse. This Christmas she MADE me a table runner- we won't talk about the fact that in one of our conversations this past week I asked her what she had been up to she causally mentioned that she had started her own garden plants from seeds and they were growing at such a rapid pace she was going to have to graduate them to bigger pots or that she has a grain mill set up to grind her own flour!
I'm on a roll so I've gotta keep going for a little bit- She grew her own potatoes last year from planting a regular potato in the ground!  She also has chickens that lay eggs (brown eggs- does it not seem odd to anyone else out there to eat something brown that comes out of an animals behind....just saying) and home schools 3 of her 4 children (the youngest is not school age)-

A picture of the potatoes my sister grew
Bringing the conversation back to the fact that next week is my sister's birthday- What in the world should I get her?  After she made me a purse last year I went to our local fabric store- bought a pattern for a purse and some really expensive fabric...I was going to make her a purse for her birthday.  My birthday is in Sept and her's in in March so I had plenty of time to complete the purse.  I got the pattern out- was able to cut out the pieces and then was completely lost on all of the 'sewing language'- words like Notion and interface had me so confused I finally just gave up.  The cut out pieces of fabric are still in original fabric store bag sitting on a shelf in my closet.
A couple of weeks ago I was cruising through Facebook and my friend Treva had posted on her wall that she was really enjoying a site called Etsy.  Etsy is a site set up a bit like e-bay only from what it looks like, almost everything being sold on it is home made.  The light bulb went on when I saw the site- I would get Jodi something off of Etsy!
Jod, if you look at this post before your birthday you will see what's coming in the mail- Hope you enjoy it!
Jodi's Birthday Apron

1 comment:

jodirae6 said...

OH MY WORD, SIS...I LOVE IT!!! Gage would say that it doesn't have to be only an apron, does it???:) I love the colors and the style!!! Thank you, Thank you, Thank you...I haven't gotten it yet but will email when I do. I couldn't wait till my birthday to read your blog:) Love You!!!