_____________________________________
I do not feel like it would be proper to start off this blog without mentioning that it is 'Good Friday'-
The Hawaiian Public School was closed today, The New York Stock Exchange (or more commonly known as the Stock Market) was CLOSED today (Yes, they were observing it too- click on the link if you don't believe), Christian Church doors were open tonight with special services all around the world in observance of this Most Holy Holiday-
Thank you so much Dear Lord Jesus for dying on the cross!
It has been a wonderful 3 days on the Main Land- We have had great visits with both family and friends and are looking forward to more to come. I was able to see Jon and Val's Baby Jaymee- actually, not only did I get to see her but Val willingly passed her over so that I could hold and cuddle her for a good 30 minutes. I wish I could post a picture of her but I can not get my lap top to work so am using my mom's computer- I could not even begin to describe her preciousness but look forward to posting pictures when I get back to Hawaii so that y'all can see for yourselves what she looks like. I won't go on and on about this BUT that little 9 pound body snuggled into my chest felt like a mighty nice fit- seeing her dressed in a cute little flower head band and the most adorable fleece pants...........melts your heart (or at least it melted mine)- Yes, Yes, I know that this is dragging on- BUT it was just to good not to share.
It's been 5 months since I have seen most of my nieces and nephews- I am always amazed at how fast some of them are growing up- one has turned 16 and will be driving soon, one has gotten braces, one is completely discontent with the name her parents have chosen to name her brother/sister that her mommy will be having in just a few months-
As I was sitting talking to this little girls daddy this morning I asked him if they had chosen a name for their baby (they do not know what they are having but have chosen names for either sex)- As the twinkle started in his eye he say's to me......'listen to this'......
He calls his daughter's name (she is 4 years old) and I hear her say 'WHAT?'
He asks her, 'What are we going to name our baby if it is a boy?'
Right away I hear her voice take on a very stearn tone and raise about 10 octives:
'WE ARE NOT NAMING HIM -------- (insert the name they had chosen)!! I HATE THE NAME ------!WE ALREADY KNOW A ------- !!!!!!!'
Then, more quiet she say's 'I like the name JOHN!'-
Her dad shook his head with a small grin- I asked him if they were still going to name their baby ------ if he was a boy...............'Yes we are' was his reply. We both had a good laugh-
Later that day her mom informed me that she had been teaching herself how to spell John.........
oh my goodness- How cute :)
I've gotten to enjoy Lunch at The Olive Garden with my sister, Dinner at a neat little local restaurant that I have never tried before, visit with my Nana (my dad's mom), Visit with my mom (I love you so much mom and thank you for your hospitality), visit with Matt's family, and Visit with both my brothers...
My boys are enjoying some serious visiting time of their own with their cousins and other family....What a blessing :)
![]() |
| Christmas Card Picture 2008 |

No comments:
Post a Comment