Monday, April 18, 2011

Should I leave on Vacation with a dirty house?

It is SO hot here today- when I say 'here' I mean Hawaii- It is one of those humid hot day's when your hair goes to a certain frizz that can only be obtained 2 ways:
1.  Going to the beauty school and getting a permanent wave with the smallest curlers they offer (we're talking like 1.16th of an inch rods) and then sitting with the perm solution on for WAY to long- When they unroll your hair you've got such tight frizzy curls water will not even absorb into your hair and your hair just kind of stands on end- (This is a true story- My mom still has the pictures of my sister and I after getting the described perm above- 3rd grade pictures were so super ugly!)
OR
2. You work outside or inside on a hot humid Hawaiian day and you have just enough natural curl to frizz out!

We do not have air conditioning- and when the days are really hot it is like shutting your bathroom door, turning you shower on hot and letting it run for 15 minutes on pure hot- The air feels thick and energy levels feel completely depleted.

My dilemma is this:
I am leaving for vacation and my house is dirty- dishes, laundry, and beds totally unmade...........Because I am completely over-heated and drained- I am tempted to close up shop "as is"................o.k.,so my husband, that has a knack for cleanliness might freak just a bit and maybe my son Eli, who also has the same knack my husband has might give me a grown up lecture on the benefits of cleanliness..............
As I am blogging about my dilemma I am starting to realize that maybe I do not want to come home to a dirty house- It really might be kind of nice to have the beds made and laundry folded and not just in the basket sitting on the couch-
hummm........... I just heard the washing machine beep that it is done- I think that is my beckoning call to wrap it up on this blog post and go clean house-
I had my camera by me and snapped what I am looking at right this very second so y'all could be privy to my dirty house and my icky Hawaiian Head of hair today :(-

I am sitting on my couch with the fan buzzing- I peeled
my sunglasses and flowered head band off of my sweaty head

Not really sure why a paper towel with mustard is sitting
on my couch? 




1 comment:

Michelle said...

I think it should be cleaned up...since you may come home from vacation with a new baby!!! :)