They really don't look like much- To tell you the truth, the first time I cooked them I had no clue how you were supposed to eat them- I steamed them..........and steamed them..........and steamed some more........wondering why in the world they never seemed to soften. I finally gave up and put them on the table what I considered 'less than cooked'- I just added extra butter to compensate for the weird texture (Hey Holly...butta' makes it betta'). As we tried to eat the bean WHOLE we all agreed they were horrible-
I am headed on vacation and trying to use things up in my freezer- I never did get around to throwing out the Edamame beans that my family had dubbed horrible (again, because we tried to eat them whole) away.
In my last blog post I mentioned that our nephew Jess has been in town- For the first night he was here we decided to cook a Tri Tip- I was unsure what to serve with it and did not want to run back to the store to get a side dish- I ran out to the freezer to see if anything looked interesting- There were those Edamame beans!!
I figured they could take up space on the table and have the appearance of green beans- I put them in the micro and quickly heated them up......
Jess sat down at the table took one look at the beans and said....'those are good auntie- my family used to eat them all the time!'
We immediately had him show us how they could possibly be good- He picked one up, held it on it's side and pinched the beans out of the outer shell............AAAHHH- the outside is only a shell- not meant to be eaten!
The box is almost gone cause they are delicious!
Wanted to mention that I will be on vacation for the next several weeks- I will post updates when I get a chance- If for some reason you do not hear from me for a bit- I WILL BE BACK posting after Ellie is born- I ask that you keep my family, Ellie's birth family, Ellie, and our Attorneys handling our adoption process in your prayers-
Looking forward to talking to you all soon!
Steph

1 comment:
i LOVE that you tried to eat them whole. (= I've mostly eaten them at sushi restaurants, a good place to learn how to eat many things awkward. ha ha.
Post a Comment