She has flown 2 times before- 1 of which was her flight to Hawaii when we moved- She went as Cargo (under the plane) so I did not get to see how she did flying- The second time she flew a 30 minute inner-island flight and did great-
Planning for Oklie to come with us was quite an ordeal- I had to order a special soft sided dog porter (I found it in a pearl pink color) I also had to take her to the vet to get a Health Certificate no longer than 10 days before she was going to fly (did that on June 1)- She had a special carry on fee ($175)- and was checked over pretty good this morning at the airport........
The airport law says that a dog must be in an airline approved pet carrier at all times- I learned that from the security guard as I was walking Oklie around the Airport- I'm glad that same security guard was not with us on our stop in Honolulu cause he would have seen me walk her out onto a grassy park like area where people can wait to catch their flights and let her go to the bathroom.........hee!
It was kind of funny but a bit nerve wracking- As we were taking off on our first flight I took Oklie out of her carrier (there I go.......breaking the airport law again) and let her sit on my lap- as the plane was just lifting off she jumped up and howled- Ryan and I both looked at her at the same time and told her to BE QUIET!! She was an angel after that- It might have helped that I let her sit on my lap the ENTIRE flight.
All in all we had a great day flying with Oklie- As I am typing out this blog my girl is laying on the bed, right next to me, in our hotel room conked out- how cute :)
| Oklie gearing up to do her Howl |
| Sitting on my lap |
| One of the best features of Oklie's bag is that it has wheels! |
| I couldn't resist snapping a pic of Oklie sleeping right now. |
1 comment:
Welcome home!!!
Post a Comment