Sunday, January 29, 2012

The bucket list of dreams and unreality FOR VAL :)

5 Fascinating bucket list things (the bucket list that is only for dreaming but not realistic to accomplish or act out)

  1. Making a quilt completely hand stitched with a ton of beautifully colored fabric for a bed covering- (I believe passionately in using my sewing machine when doing any sort of sewing and have absolutely no desire to learn the art of hand stitching- I greatly admire when someone takes the time to hand stitch- it seems like such a rare thing these days) 
  2. Live down town Manhattan...........sky rise, honking horns, Century 21 (For some, relaxing means getting away from 'it all' and having a quiet place to think.......for me, the more high rises, city lights, and shopping :) the more relaxed I feel.........
  3. Go Mushing- We took a cruise to Alaska several years ago- one of the excursions the ship offered was to go visit a dog sled camp- You would watch the dogs get fed and then take a ride on a sled behind the dogs (Pansy Mushing- I don't consider this really mushing)- The type of mushing I am talking about in the first 2 words of #3 is the mushing they do during the Iditarod-  I had never heard of the Iditarod until my sister Jod brought it up as a place we could take my mom for her 60th birthday (Jodi and I wanted to take her someplace special as a birthday gift- we ended up going to Scottsdale, Az. and sitting under palm and lemon trees)- oh to be a musher...........ok back to reality......maybe someday I will go watch the Iditarod with my mom and sis!! 
  4. Baja 1000 baby.....'three clicks to the right- now a click to the left'.....sharing the car would be my friend Bonnie (oh Bonnie...you've got that quiet determined competitive spirit that it would take to finish), my sis in law Liz (you've got that twinkle liz a beth that has me convinced you would drive like a mad woman),  One of my facebook friends, Sherry B. (moto mama's got some getty up and go plus a whole lotta fashion sense in the racing world- would it be wrong to paint a baja buggy pink??), myself cause I earned my right of passage over the 2 years driving close to twice a day over the pass into Kipu Kai- Those Baja Boy's don't got nothing on me. AND LAST BUT DEFINITELY NOT LEAST MY FRIEND (AND REAL LIFE RACE CAR DRIVER) VAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I Can't believe I forgot to put you on my original post.............AAAAAAAAAAAA...........totally my bad- It would be my pleasure to sit in the passenger seat and be your 'eyes' as you used your expertise to get us where we needed to go-you don't got that checkered flag hugging your ankle for nothin' :)  Pit crew would be all of our husbands and older kids
  5. Adopt 1 more daughter..........no we are not even thinking about it nor do I believe we will be blessed by such an experience (when I say blessed by I mean by the actual adoption part not the legal part of adoption- the legal part was a nightmare in our adoption and still traumatizes me to think about)- This dream of mine is simply in my heart because I grew up with a sister 18 months older than me- I know what a blessing, as a child, a sister close to you can be......our Ellie will be blessed to grow up with older brothers and close cousins- 

picture compliments of This site

    No comments: