Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Cooking, Lip Gloss, and Jesus

Dear Elle's B-
Mommy put lip gloss on you today for the first time ever!! Since right after you were born I have talked to you extensively about 3 things
1. Cooking- you sit either in your seat or in your bouncy a lot of days when I am cooking for your bubby's and daddy and I explain to you what I am making- interestingly enough you hardly ever cry and usually always look at me like you are paying attention :)
2. Make-up- I lay you on the floor right next to where I sit (on mommy's bedroom floor) and explain all about applying make-up- like cooking you watch me with bright eyes and act like you are paying attention!!  Today, as I was going through my make-up routine I glanced down at your precious little face- you were staring at me as I was holding my lip gloss brush in my hand- I couldn't resist...........your little lips looked most adorable with Mac lip gloss applied........daddy would have had a cow if he would have seen it (like when I polished your toes when you were 3 weeks old or got your ears pierced and surprised him with it) but mommy will just keep explaining to him that we are girls and  make up/polish/earings are just part of who we are :)
3. I love talking to you about Jesus.....He is even more head over heels for you than you bubby's, daddy, and I are (imagine that!!)- It is such a blessing to be able to read the baby devotional mommy's friend Christy W. gave you and to pray for Kate Elizabeth every night as you go to bed.........we will continue talking about Jesus as long as this mommy has breath :)

Back to  the lip gloss........I love that after I applied it to your little lips you looked up at me and went 'OOOHHH' and then kept your lips in the O for quite sometime-

Love you so much,
Mommy
Lip Gloss Lips

Saying 'O' after getting her lip gloss on

No comments: