Friday, May 11, 2012

Birthday, Testimonies, and Battle's Lost

This past Sat. night was spent in celebration of my sister in law Liz's 29th Birthday....WHOOP! WHOOP! It was a dessert potluck, so all of us girls attending brought something yummy- My sis in law Erika brought a delicious fresh fruit salad, Missy made golden graham smores (brought 4 home for my boys), Becca made chocolate bunt cake, Michelle was honoring the fact it was May 5 or also known as Cinco De Mayo and brought chips/ salsa, Chrissie-April-Ali-Megan-Des......brownies, cookies, and more delicious desserts- I wish I would have eaten more, just one plate of dessert is unlike my normal habits (how cute were those polka dotted damask plates).  I got so caught up in the conversation and game I forgot to go back for mmmooorrreee!  I can't remember the name of the game we played but can tell you it included both Ali and Liz having to baa like sheep and chew on a chip every time someone had to pick up a card :) Happy Birthday Precious Liz a beth.....You a such a blessing!

Sun. night my sister Jodi was able to share,with a group of teen girls, her personal Testimony-specifically how the divorce of our parents impacted her.  It was a proud sister moment being in the audience listening to my brave sister share her heart in such a transparent way.......I love you sis and can hardly wait to share your testimony here on this blog- hopefully sometime next week (Jod gave me permission to share it!)

And last......Battle's Lost :)
Several Post's Back I mentioned that Elle's would rip the rubber bands out of her hair everyday and eat them if we did not catch her in time- I also mentioned back in Sept. (2011) that I surprised Matt (hee!) with getting Ellie's ear's pierced........
She loves playing in the dirt, does not mind being dirty, will rarely keep both shoes on longer than a minute, is not afraid to plow through the grass bare legged to get to where she wants to go- leaving her legs scratched and rashy, still spits up- only instead of letting it dribble down her chin she blows it out of her little mouth all over whatever outfit she is wearing......
Naturally, I really like cute styled hair, glitzy earrings, clean trendy clothes, etc...
I've lost the vain battle with Elle's.........Every morning we do the same routine......bath in which she gets her curly locks deep conditioned, hair in the cute pony with that adorable barrette, cute trendy clothes that were way too expensive, the shoes that match that way too expensive outfit..........
within 10 minutes the hair is a frizzy mess, the clothes are stained, her fingernails are dirty, she's missing 1 shoe, and to top it off..........she rips out 1 earring (always the right side) .........AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!  Today I took her left earring out (I can not find where she threw the right side earring......oh my gosh maybe she ate it and I should start looking in her dirty diapers!!) and taped it in her baby book with the date she got those precious little ears pierced and the date we let the earrings RIP.....







No comments: