Actually I didn't cry on his 16th Birthday but the day before...........
The feeling of sadness/joy/proudness/fear had been looming in the back of my mind for weeks prior to this past Thurs. May 17- Since the moment his license appointment was set, my mommy's heart started the battle- logic vs fear vs letting go vs my 'like' to control
Logically my brain's self talk was saying 'millions of 16 year old's get their license every year- that mean's that millions of mother's are letting their babies go to drive all by themselves- Eli is responsible and ready......although I might not be ready to let go He is ready'
Fear was trying rear it's ugly head with all the 'what if's'......
My naturally controlling side was saying.....'Just because the State of Oregon says they can get their license does not mean I have to allow my son to get it......'
The weight of all the self talk going on in my brain was getting so heavy- the 'what if's' were starting to win and fear was taking hold-
'Come to me all who are weary and heavy burdened and I will give you rest!' Matt 11:28
I went into Eli's room, sat on his bed (my boy was still at school during all of this), held my hands up to heaven and had a good cry as I prayed from the heart of a mother-
Dear Heavenly Father, my baby is getting ready to drive by himself, getting ready to make so many important decisions without me always present- I'm so scared to let go..........Eli is yours father- Thank you that where I don't feel like I have control you have complete control....you have all of Eli's day's ordained for Him and are looking out for Him- You are protecting both him and other's on the road..nothing can happen to Eli that is not completely in your will and that you can bring Glory from- I trust and love you Lord'
AMEN
As I stood up and walked out of Eli's bedroom the heavy feeling was still nagging but what had changed was the trust I have in the Lord taking care of Eli was bigger than the heavy feeling- I have a place to take all the 'over whelming' feelings........To the one that created Eli- to the One that called His life into existence- I can rest in the Lords protection over Eli!
Congratulations Son on passing your driving test- Daddy and I are so proud of the young man you have become.
No comments:
Post a Comment