Friday, June 8, 2012

Aloha Hawaii One Year Ago (2 day's short)

Ryan, Oklie, and I flew off of Kauai Fri. June 10, 2011 for the last time as residents of Hawaii- As I was thinking about this today, I became curious as to what was the first picture I took after we moved to the Garden Island and what was my last picture taken as a Kama'aina.......

Taken May 17, 2009
 As you walk out of the terminal in Kauai this is one of the many welcomes you will receive- I remember looking around as we were waiting for our mountains of luggage to start circulating on the round a bout- My eye's caught this sign- This sign brought my attention away from the fact that it has been such a long day as we had been on a Cruise to Alaska (for Eli's 13th Birthday) for a week prior and had disembarked the boat really early this same morning.  I had dig deep in my purse to find my camera for this photo but I wanted to remember (and be able to share with our boys) what the first moments of our 'big adventure' looked like.

June 5, 2011
My nephew Jesse had come out to visit us (Hey Jess- you were staying with us a year ago!!)- He and Ryan made leis with the Plumeria flowers that had fallen out of a tree in our front yard.  What a fitting last picture to close this chapter in our lives.....It is said that Leis are a tradition given in Hawaii at celebrations of all kinds- It would be just a little under 2 weeks later that we would celebrate the birth of our daughter.....

No comments: